Summer grilling goes way beyond burgers and steak. Cook something new and delicious on the grill with one of these healthy grilling recipes. This list has everything you need, from healthy grilled appetizers to main dishes, to sides and desserts, so get grilling!
It's my favorite time of year - grilling time! Depending on where you live and how much cooking experience you have, you may be surprised to find out that grilling goes way beyond just burgers and steaks (though those are delicious, too!). Cooking food on the grill makes things super easy. You can cook a whole meal on the grill outside, meaning less mess and fewer dishes for you to clean up. Plus, the grill adds amazing flavor to foods like vegetables, and even fruit or desserts! So take advantage of the warm summer months and longer days by firing up your grill for some healthy, delicious meals.
The Best Healthy Grilling Recipes
- Grilled Corn and Goat Cheese Flatbreads
- The Best Grilled Salsa
- Grilled Pineapple Black Bean and Jicama Salad
- Blackberry Chicken Flatbread
Grilled Chicken Recipes
- Easy Bruschetta Chicken
- Harissa Grilled Chicken Thighs with Lemon Mint Yogurt Sauce
- Easy Margarita Chicken
- Green Chile Chicken
- Beer Brined Spatchcock BBQ Chicken
- Grilled Miso Chicken
- Healthy Greek Chicken with Tzatziki Sauce
- Grapefruit Jalapeño Chicken
- Grilled Chicken with Homemade Romesco Sauce
- Spicy Coconut Chicken with Coconut Turmeric Dipping Sauce
- Mediterranean Chicken Artichoke Kebabs
- Easy Rosemary Orange Grilled Chicken
- Jalapeño Chicken Burgers
- Grilled Chicken Chile Rellenos
- Easy Grilled Chicken Fajitas
- Cherry Almond Grilled Chicken Salad
- Strawberry Avocado Salad with Grilled Chicken
- Smoky Chicken, Sweet Potato and Black Bean Kale Salad
Grilled Seafood Recipes
- Asian Grilled Alaska Salmon Kabobs
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Strawberry Salsa
- Garlic Cilantro Salmon
- Easy Grilled Caesar Shrimp Burger
- Grilled Bourbon Glazed Cedar Plank Salmon
- Grilled Shrimp with Mango Melon Salad
- Shrimp Orange and Avocado Quinoa Salad
- Grilled Caesar Salad with Shrimp
Grilled Beef, Pork & Lamb Recipes
- Honey Grilled Pork Chops with Grilled Plums
- Healthy Thai Burgers
- Greek Lamb Souvlakis
- Cumin Rubbed Grilled Lamb Chops
- Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Pork Kebabs
- Summer Grilled Apricot Pork Chops
- Carne Asada with Avocado Chimichurri
- Chipotle Flank Steak with Pineapple Salsa
- BBQ Ribs on the Charcoal Grill
- Healthy Burger Bowls
- Raspberry Chipotle Grilled Flank Steak Salad
Grilled Side Dishes
- Balsamic Marinated Grilled Vegetables
- Grilled Summer Squash with Goat Cheese and Oregano
- Grilled Eggplant Caprese
- Grilled Corn Summer Salad
- Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges with Avocado Cream Sauce
- Grilled Peach Caprese
- Strawberries and Cream Grilled Angel Food Cake
- Grilled Pears with Honey Whipped Ricotta
- Dark Chocolate Berry S'mores
Must-Have Tools For Grilling
So you have a grill. Great! Here's what else you might need to get the most out of your grill.
- Meat thermometer - If you only get one thing, make it a meat thermometer. It's the best way to determine when your meat is done (and safe) without over-cooking it.
- Long-handled tongs - Keep your hands away from the heat with long handled tongs. These are the ones we use and love.
- Metal skewers - These make grilling things on sticks (kabobs, shrimp, veggies, etc.) so much easier because you don't have to remember to soak them, they don't burn and fall apart, and they're dishwasher safe!
- A grilling basket, rack, or mat - I love our grilling basket for grilling veggies. A rack or mat is another method for grilling veggies or small things that could fall through the grates otherwise.
- BBQ gloves - If you'd rather use your hands for turning skewers and movings baskets and grates around on the grill, these pit mitts are a must.
- Cedar planks or wraps - Cedar planks are a great way to add wood smoked flavor to food without an actual smoker. I love cedar planks for salmon!
- Wood BBQ Pellets and/or chips - You can also add smoky grill flavor to food, even without a pellet grill or smoker, with wood pellets (such as Traegar or Bear Mountain) or wood chips.
- A rimmed sheet pan or jelly roll pan - A rimmed baking sheet is by far the easiest way to carry everything you need from your kitchen to the grill and back.