Make this Greek Chicken with Tzatziki Sauce tonight! Tender Greek seasoned chicken with cool, creamy Tzatziki sauce is a delicious, easy and healthy dinner.
I’ve been on such a Mediterranean kick lately. Many of the meals in the Lively Table household have consisted of hummus, Greek salads, feta cheese, and tzatziki sauce. I even got brave and made my own pitas (yum!). You can expect lots of yummy Mediterranean recipes to be popping up soon. One of our favorites that we’ve had on repeat the last few weeks is this Greek Chicken with Tzatziki Sauce.
I was craving Greek chicken one day a couple weeks ago and decided I needed a solid Greek seasoning recipe. Enter this seasoning mix full of herbs and spices that turns ordinary chicken breast into the most delicious chicken you’ve ever eaten. And to top it all off, I made a delicious tzatziki sauce to compliment the juicy seasoned chicken. It’s the easiest, most delicious dinner ever.
This yummy Greek chicken with tzatziki sauce pairs so well with a delicious Greek salad (naturally) or with a side of veggies and couscous or quinoa. Of course, it’s also delicious with pita bread and made into a nice “Greek taco” as we like to call them. Because in Texas everything is a taco. Even things that have actual names that aren’t ‘taco’.
Seriously, you guys have to make this Greek chicken. The seasoning makes plenty so it will last you quite a while. You just rub it onto your chicken, marinate it in some fresh squeezed lemon and olive oil, and cook. While it’s cooking you can whip up the tzatziki sauce, then serve. Easiest. Dinner. Ever. Also the best tasting healthy dinner ever. I promise if you make this, you will be addicted like we are and have healthy Greek chicken with tzatziki sauce on repeat all summer long.
Make this Greek Chicken with Tzatziki Sauce tonight! Tender Greek seasoned chicken with cool, creamy Tzatziki sauce is a delicious, easy and healthy dinner. (gluten-free) |
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried Greek oregano
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried rosemary, minced
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp seasoning
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Pinch black pepper
- To make seasoning, mix all spices together. It will make about 1/2 cup. Set aside for later.
- For the chicken, butterfly boneless, skinless chicken breasts into 2 even pieces each. Rub Greek seasoning evenly over chicken. Place in a shallow dish or large plastic bag with lemon juice and olive oil. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- While chicken is marinating, prepare the Tzatziki Sauce. Grate the cucumber (you can peel it but I don't) onto a mesh strainer or paper towel and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Add to a bowl with remaining ingredients. Stir to combine and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Grill chicken for 8-10 minutes per side, or until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 165°F. Remove from grill and slice. Serve with Tzatziki Sauce.
Love this recipe? PIN it!