A refreshing grilled pineapple, black bean and jicama salad that is perfect served with grilled meals or used as a salsa! (vegan, gluten-free)
Fire up the grill! I’ve got the most perfect summer side for y’all today. This Grilled Pineapple, Black Bean and Jicama Salad will make your taste buds dance and your tummy happy! Not only is it filled with delicious flavors, but it’s also super healthy, gluten-free, vegan, and dairy free.
If you’ve never tried grilling fruit, you should definitely start. Grilling fruits caramelizes their natural sugars, adding a more complex flavor and enhancing their sweetness for irresistible and healthy summer salads and desserts. No grill? No worries! You can use a grill pan on your stove top too! I use this one from Le Creuset when it’s rainy outside (or when my hubby doesn’t feel like going out for charcoal).
Besides the delicious pineapple in this Grilled Pineapple, Black Bean and Jicama Salad, the other elements, like the fiber-filled black beans, crunchy jicama, and fresh cilantro add interesting textures and flavors that all complement each other perfectly. They all come together in this fun salad for a super fresh and delicious side or topping for grilled chicken, fish, and more!
This salad is perfect for crowds at a summer cookout, too. It fits perfectly into gluten-free and vegan diets, and it’s a fresh and healthy addition that your healthy foodie friends will appreciate it. The jicama and pineapple add filling fiber, while the black beans contain both fiber and satisfying plant protein. That’s a power combo that’s perfect for keeping your tummy and taste buds happy while helping you achieve that summer bod, too!
A refreshing summer salad with grilled pineapple, black beans, and jicama, perfect to accompany grilled meals or used as a salsa!
- 1 cup cubed jicama
- 1 cup low sodium canned black beans
- 1 cup sliced fresh pineapple
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch salt
- Olive oil
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Spray with olive oil spray or carefully rub with olive oil. Place pineapple slices on grill, and cook, flipping once, until lines start to appear, about 5 minutes per side. Remove and let cool before chopping into cubes.
- Rinse and drain black beans. Add to a large bowl with pineapple, jicama, onion, and cilantro. Add lime juice and salt. Stir to combine.
- Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
Love this recipe? PIN it!