This Blackberry Chicken Flatbread has tender grilled chicken, creamy burrata, shaved fennel and juicy blackberries for a delicious summer pizza night change up!
Have you had a chance to get your hands on some sweet summer blackberries yet? I adore berries, especially in the summer when they are in season (read: on sale) and perfect for popping as an easy snack or in some yogurt for breakfast. And they’re packed with healthy antioxidants. But I like to take my berries a step farther and add them to everything from cocktails to salmon. I especially love them with cheese if you couldn’t tell.
For this delicious flatbread, I decided to combine my love for berries and cheese with a fun date-night activity: pizza making! I love making flatbread pizzas with my hubby while enjoying a glass of wine together. I always make two crusts so he can add his “manly” toppings like pepperoni and jalapeños, while I make my “weird” version. At least that’s how he thinks of my versions.
But I’ll let you in on a secret. He always ends up eating my “weird” pizza. This Blackberry Chicken Flatbread was no exception. I almost couldn’t take pictures before we both dug in! Healthy for the win!
For this flatbread, I used the Whole Note gluten-free pizza crust mix and just rolled them out extra thin. They turned out really nice and crispy! You can also buy pre-made flatbread crusts too. Burrata can be tricky to find in grocery stores sometimes, so you can also use fresh mozzarella cheese. They both go really well with the shaved fennel and blackberries when they get all melty in the oven. Yum! When you take the pizza out, just sprinkle on some fennel fronds and drizzle with a little balsamic reduction, and you’ve got yourself a delicious pizza that even your manly man will love.Print
Blackberry Chicken Flatbread
A delicious summer flatbread with tender grilled chicken, creamy burrata, shaved fennel and juicy blackberries!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 flatbread 1x
- Category: appetizer, main dish
- 1 whole grain flatbread crust
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 (4oz) ball of burrata or fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shaved red onion
- 1/4 cup shaved fennel, plus 1-2 tbsp fronds for garnish
- 2–4 oz thinly sliced grilled chicken (about 1/2 small breast)
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1–2 tbsp balsamic reduction
- Preheat oven and pizza stone to 425° F. Place flatbread crust on preheated pizza stone.
- Lightly spread oil over crust. Top with cheese, onion, fennel bulb, chicken, and berries.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with fennel fronds and drizzle with balsamic reduction. Cut into squares and serve immediately.