Grilled Pears with Honey Whipped Ricotta makes the perfect springtime snack or dessert. It's healthy and so easy to make! (gluten-free, vegetarian)
You guys. It's almost grilling season. Although in Texas, in never really leaves. (Unless it's raining. Stupid rain.) I absolutely love grilling season! Grilling is such a wonderful way to bring out delicious flavor in meats, veggies, and fruit. Plus, it's just a fun way to get outside and enjoy the nice weather! And one of my favorite things to grill is fruit. The way the grill caramelizes the natural sugar in the fruit elevates it to a whole new level.
Pears aren't a traditional summer fruit, but they are a fantastic fruit to grill, and they taste amazing with ricotta that's been whipped with a touch of honey. Fruit and cheese together are one of my favorite pairings, if you can't tell by now!
With this sweet pairing, you're just a few simple ingredients to a healthy, delicious snack or dessert!
Now you have no excuse not to make a super easy snack of Grilled Pears with Honey Whipped Ricotta! I promise that once you start grilling fruit, you will never look back!
Do you ever grill fruits? What are your favorite foods to grill? Let me know in the comments below!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating in the comments!Print
Grilled Pears with Honey Whipped Ricotta
Grilled Pears with Honey Whipped Ricotta | Creamy whipped ricotta and juicy grilled pears make the perfect springtime snack or dessert. It's healthy and so easy to make! (gluten-free, vegetarian)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: grilled
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pear, cut into halves
- Olive oil
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- To make whipped ricotta, add ricotta cheese, honey, and almond extract to the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a bowl with a hand mixer). Beat until the ricotta is smooth, about 1 minute. Refrigerate mixture until ready to use.
- Make sure grill is clean and free of debris. Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Core pear and cut into halves. Lightly coat the fleshy side with olive oil. Place flesh side down and grill, covered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Remove from grill.
- Divide ricotta into two dishes. Place half of a pear into each dish and top with toasted almonds and drizzle with additional honey (optional). Serve immediately.
Keywords: grilled pears dessert, honey whipped ricotta dessert