Simple Roasted Sweet Potatoes are a super simple, healthy and delicious side dish that goes with any meal! (gluten-free, vegan)
Need an easy, healthy side dish to add to almost any meal? Look no further. These Simple Roasted Sweet Potatoes are here to save the day. Every day. They only have 4 ingredients and are so easy to make. They taste delicious, are full of nutrients, and go with everything. It’s easy to see why roasted sweet potatoes are one of my favorite go-to sides!
First let’s talk about how healthy sweet potatoes are. Not only are they full of potassium and fiber (especially if you leave the skin on!), but they are also low in fat and calories when prepared in a simple way like roasting, baking or boiling. Where sweet potatoes really shine, though, is in their vitamin A content. This vitamin is important for your immune function, eye sight and cell health. One 1/2 cup serving of sweet potato cubes provides over 100% of your daily vitamin A needs! And the oil used in cooking roasted sweet potatoes helps you to absorb vitamins like vitamin A effectively.
You can also use roasted sweet potatoes in so many ways! I like to cook them as a simple side to go alongside chicken or fish and a green veggie for an easy meal, but you can also use them for so much more! Use roasted sweet potatoes as a vegetarian taco filling with black beans, in a yummy lunch bowl, or in a breakfast hash. (Leftovers are especially good for breakfast!) Plus they take almost no effort, so you really have no excuse.
One more thing before you get to cooking. If you haven’t already, you can now find me on Yummly! If you aren’t sure what that is, go check out my page. Yummly is a place where you can store all of your favorite recipes in a convenient online “Recipe Box,” including recipes from blogs like Lively Table. You can even organize your recipes into different categories. And it’s completely free, of course. All you have to do is hit the “Yum” button on the left side of my page to save a recipe. How easy is that?
Ok, back to the sweet potatoes. Go cook them!
Simple Roasted Sweet Potatoes are a super simple, healthy and delicious side dish that goes with any meal!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Coarse sea salt (to taste)
- Freshly cracked black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- Wash sweet potatoes and dice into even cubes (about 1 inch). I like to leave the peel on, but you can peel your potatoes if you wish.
- In a large bowl, toss sweet potato cubes with oil and spices until coated evenly. Spread onto lined cookie sheet, spaced evenly so that they are not touching.
- Roast potatoes for 30-45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so, until done. They should be soft inside but crispy outside. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper if you wish.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Love this recipe? PIN it!