For a quick and healthy dinner, you can’t beat tomato basil bruschetta chicken! Fresh tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella cheese on tender balsamic marinated grilled chicken are perfect for weeknights. (gluten-free)
Is there any better flavor combination in the world than tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella? If you said yes, I’d love to know what is better so I can try it asap. If you said no, then keep reading.
In my opinion, there is no better combination. And one of the things that makes it so great is that it’s so simple. Just 3 fresh, simple ingredients can transform literally anything into the best thing you’ve ever eaten. Pizza, pasta, lettuce, crostini, eggs, chicken. Yep. This easy tomato basil bruschetta chicken is a no brainer.
Not only is this tomato basil bruschetta chicken super delicious, but it’s also extremely easy to make. All it takes is a few ingredients, and you’ve got a nutritious, tasty dinner on the table in no time. Just marinate your chicken for a bit while you prep everything, grill the chicken while you steam some veggies or make a salad, top with the bruschetta mixture, and you’re done!
Also, just a heads up, you might want to keep some toast points handy. Because you will probably have extra bruschetta to scoop up, and you’ll definitely want to eat it all. Or you could just double the tomato, basil and mozzarella mixture and have bruschetta on toast points and on chicken! I won’t judge. I actually usually do. Because it’s just so darn delicious.
So. If you need a quick, healthy, and delicious dinner that is somewhat impressive but super easy to make, look no further. Tomato basil bruschetta chicken has got you covered. It’s easy enough for a weeknight, fancy enough for a weekend, and absolutely worthy of company!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating in the comments!Print
Easy Bruschetta Chicken
For a quick and healthy dinner, you can’t beat tomato basil Bruschetta Chicken! Fresh tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella cheese on tender balsamic marinated chicken is perfect for weeknights. (gluten-free)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: main dish
- Method: bKED
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 ball of fresh mozzarella (4 oz)
- 8–10 basil leaves
- Butterfly chicken breasts so that you have 4 chicken cutlets (about 3/4 ” thick). Place in a shallow dish and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce and let marinate in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place chicken over direct heat on the grill for about 5 minutes per side, then lower grill to low heat or place chicken breasts on indirect heat, and continue cooking until chicken is done and a thermometer inserted into the center reads 165° F.
- While chicken is cooking, diced tomatoes and mozzarella. Thinly slice basil and mix with tomatoes and mozzarella. Just before chicken is done, top with tomato mixture. Continue cooking just until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Chicken may also be cooked in the oven at 375°F for about 25-30 minutes.
Keywords: easy chicken bruschetta, easy tomato basil bruschetta