This fresh green goddess sandwich loaded with avocado green goddess dressing, leafy greens, crunchy cucumbers and fresh mozzarella will be your new go-to for a simple, healthy vegetarian lunch!
If you’re in a lunch rut and looking for a fresh new idea for spring, I have the perfect sandwich for you! It’s loaded with so much green goodness, creamy homemade green goddess dressing, and fresh mozzarella for an irresistible meatless meal that you’ll want to make all season, whether you’re working from home or taking it to go.
Why You’ll Love This Green Goddess Sandwich
If you like the idea of eating less meat, but also don’t want to eat salads for every meal, this is the sandwich for you. It’s so satisfying and filling, thanks to the protein, fiber, and fat combination from delicious grainy bread, thick slices of mozzarella and the avocado Greek yogurt green goddess sauce. The crunchy cucumbers, peppery arugula and sprouts add a nice pop of spring freshness. It’s perfect for packing to go or whipping up for an at-home lunch break.
About The Sauce
If you haven’t made my avocado green goddess dressing yet, what are you waiting for?! Greek yogurt and avocado give it an ultra creamy texture, while lemon juice and fresh herbs add a punchy pop of brightness. It’s healthy and delicious not only on this sandwich, but on anything and everything else!
How To Make This Green Goddess Sandwich
I don’t really need to tell you how to make a sandwich, but to please the Google gods, I will anyway:
- Make the green goddess dressing. Head to this post for the full recipe and detailed instructions.
- Thickly slice some fresh mozzarella. You’ll need 1-2 oz per sandwich. Slice half of a cucumber into rounds.
- Spread the green goddess sauce onto one slice of grainy bread. Top with arugula, cucumber, mozzarella, and sprouts. Top with another slice of bread. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 2 sandwiches.
- Enjoy! Share with a friend! Or don’t.
More Ways To Use Green Goddess Sauce
It’s a good thing the green goddess recipe makes a lot of dressing, because you’ll want to slather that dreamy, herby goodness on everything! Try it:
- On grain bowls, like this shrimp green goddess grain bowl.
- To dress a salad, like I did with this Cobb Salad.
- As a dressing for chicken or tuna salad, like I did with tuna and white beans here.
- With crackers and veggies as a snack dip.
- For dipping grilled chicken, beef, or seafood.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating in the comments!Print
Vegetarian Green Goddess Sandwich
This fresh green goddess sandwich loaded with avocado green goddess dressing, crunchy cucumbers, leafy greens, and fresh mozzarella will be your new go-to for a simple, healthy vegetarian lunch!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: lunch
- Method: sandwich
- Cuisine: American
- 4 slices grainy bread
- 1/3 cup Avocado Green Goddess Dressing (click for the recipe)
- Handful of arugula or other leafy green
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Small handful fresh sprouts (bean, broccoli, green onion, etc)
- Spread dressing on each of two slices of bread.
- Top each with arugula, cucumber slices, mozzarella, and sprouts.
- Top with remaining slices of bread. Enjoy!
- Use your favorite gluten-free bread to make this sandwich gluten-free.
- If you don’t have arugula, any leafy green will work.
- If you don’t have sprouts, just leave them off and it will still be delicious!
- I don’t recommend making this sandwich the night before, as the bread will get soggy.
Keywords: green goddess sandwich recipe, easy vegetarian sandwich recipe, healthy green goddess sandwich