Liven up your weeknight meals and game day parties with this simple, high protein recipe for Spicy Coconut Chicken with Coconut Turmeric Dipping Sauce. This flavorful dish is sure to be a winner with your family, and is great for game-day snacking!
This post is sponsored by siggi’s. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Lively Table running!
Are you bored with your regular rotation of chicken dinners? Who says chicken has to be boring? Chicken is super versatile! You can let your imagination run wild with any flavors, making a delicious meal or snack for any occasion, so try something new tonight with my spicy coconut chicken with coconut turmeric dipping sauce!
I spiced up plain old boneless, skinless chicken breasts with both a spicy, flavorful marinade and a delicious sweet and savory dipping sauce for an explosive dish that is perfect for adding a fun twist to your weeknight meals or game day snacking lineup.
The secret to all of the deliciousness in this spicy coconut chicken is siggi’s 2% coconut yogurt. It is rich, creamy, and full of coconut flavor. It’s also full of protein, lower in sugar than other yogurts, and is nice and thick – making it the perfect base for both a marinade and dipping sauce!
All I had to do was jazz up the siggi’s yogurt with a few simple ingredients, like curry paste, cilantro, and fresh ginger for the marinade. Since it is so thick, it sticks to the chicken well while cooking, yielding tender, tasty chicken without a bunch of unnecessary ingredients.
The dipping sauce is a simple mixture of siggi’s coconut yogurt with turmeric, cilantro, and lime. The sweet and savory dip is the perfect complement to the spicy chicken tenders, and it’s quite addicting! I usually make my grilled sweet potato wedges with this spicy coconut chicken for dinner, and the dipping sauce is fantastic on those, too. Mr. Table and I just can’t get enough of it!
I like to cut the chicken breasts into tenders so that they all get a nice coating of the marinade before they are grilled, but you can feel free to leave them intact if you like. You can also cut the chicken into chunks and skewer it for easier grilling. Whatever works best for you! The tenders make for easy dipping and sharing with a crowd, which brings me to…
How AWESOME this spicy coconut chicken with coconut turmeric dipping sauce is for football season! If you don’t already know, Mr. Table and I love entertaining at home on game days. And we go all out with our food because let’s be real, snacks are the best part of football. These spicy coconut chicken tenders make a great game day snack while you’re cheering on your favorite team, and they give your guests a fun break from traditional heavy game-day snacks.
If you’re looking to switch up your same old chicken recipes, try this spicy coconut chicken with coconut turmeric dipping sauce. It is a great way to liven up your dinner routine!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating in the comments!Print
Spicy Coconut Chicken With Coconut Turmeric Dipping Sauce
Liven up your weeknight meals and game day parties with this simple, high protein recipe for Spicy Coconut Chicken with Coconut Turmeric Dipping Sauce. This flavorful dish is sure to be a winner with your family, and is great for game day snacking!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings 1x
- Category: main dish, appetizer
- Method: grilled
- Cuisine: American
For the chicken:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 container (5.3 oz) siggi’s 2% coconut skyr
- 1 1/2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste or grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp sesame oil
For the dipping sauce:
- 1 container siggi’s 2% coconut skyr
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped cilantro
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- Slice chicken breast into 1-inch tenders.
- In a large container, stir together siggi’s coconut skyr, curry paste, ginger paste, cilantro, lime and sesame oil. Add chicken and stir to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare dipping sauce. In a small bowl, stir together all sauce ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Oil grates with avocado oil.
- Spray both sides of chicken with oil. Grill chicken 6-8 minutes per side, or until grill lines begin to appear. Continue cooking until chicken is cooked through. A thermometer inserted into the center should read 165°F.
- Remove chicken from grill and serve with dipping sauce.
*Chicken can be prepared in the oven. Space tenders evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone baking mat. Bake at 375° until cooked through.
Keywords: coconut chicken, turmeric sauce