Give your summer s’mores an easy adult upgrade with dark chocolate and berries in these effortless dark chocolate berry s’mores! (nut-free)
There is no summer dessert more iconic than a s’more, am I right? Gooey roasted marshmallows sandwiched between two graham crackers with a puddle of chocolate oozing out onto your face. Pure childhood summer bliss.
I decided to give the classic s’more a more adult upgrade this summer by adding some berries and dark chocolate (my favorite), and they turned out SO good!
Why You’ll Love This Dark Chocolate Berry S’mores Recipe
What could be better than pools of melty dark chocolate with the light sweetness of soft, smashed summer berries and golden, toasty marshmallow goo seeping out from between crunchy graham crackers? Not much, friends. If you love dark chocolate and berries, you’ll love these s’mores. They’re a fun summer dessert that’s:
- Easy to make
- Perfect for camping and bonfires
- So deliciously nostalgic with a grown-up twist
How to Make Dark Chocolate Berry S’mores
Admittedly, you don’t really need a recipe for these dark chocolate berry s’mores. You just make s’mores like normal:
- Place a square of chocolate on top of a graham cracker square
- Top the chocolate with the berry of your choice that’s been lightly mashed with a fork.
- Go about your s’more making as usual. Toast a marshmallow (or two, if that’s your jam) to your liking over an open flame. I’m a low and slow gal myself.
- Place the marshmallow on top of the chocolate and berries, smoosh down with a second graham cracker square to hold the marshmallow in place while you remove your roasting utensil, and dig in!
Tips for making the Perfect Dark Chocolate Berry S’mores
A delicious s’more is all about the ingredients. Get the best quality dark chocolate and sweetest berries you can find. You can get fancy with your chocolate if you’d like (Ghirardelli dark chocolate sea salt caramel squares are the bomb in s’mores).
Have all of your ingredients assembled when you roast the marshmallows. This way, you can place that freshly toasted, gooey ‘mallow right into the s’more for maximum melted chocolate.
Can you make These S’mores Without a Campfire?
If you don’t have access to an open fire or grill, you can still make tasty s’mores! If you have a gas stove, the open flame on your stove will work. If not, assemble the bottom graham crackers, chocolate, berries, and marshmallows on a baking sheet and broil in the oven until marshmallows are toasted to your liking, about 3 minutes or so. Remove from the oven and top with remaining graham cracker squares.
Other Delicious Summer Dessert Recipes You’ll Love
- Strawberries and Cream Grilled Angel Food Cake
- The Best Banana Pudding
- Triple Berry Skillet Cobbler
- Whole Wheat Peach Galette
- Easy Blueberry Peach Crumble
If you make these s’mores and love them (you will!), please give them a star rating in the comments!Print
Dark Chocolate Berry S’mores
Give your summer s’mores an easy adult upgrade with dark chocolate and berries in these effortless, delicious dark chocolate berry s’mores! (nut-free)
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 s'mores 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: fire roasted
- Cuisine: American
- 8 graham cracker sheets
- 8 squares dark chocolate (I like Ghirardelli)
- 1/2 cup berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, or all 4!)
- 8 large marshmallows
- Break graham cracker sheets in half to get 16 squares. Place 8 squares on a tray. Top each graham cracker square with a square of dark chocolate.
- Lightly mash berries with a fork. Spoon about a tablespoon of berries of choice on each piece of chocolate.
- Toast marshmallows over an open flame on a marshmallow stick or long skewer (preferably a campfire/fire pit, but a grill or gas stove works, too).
- Place toasted marshmallow on top of one prepared graham cracker with chocolate and berries and gently press down with another graham cracker square to hold the marshmallow in place while you slide the stick out.
- Enjoy warm and repeat as necessary!
- Have all of your ingredients assembled when you roast the marshmallows. This way, you can place that freshly toasted, gooey ‘mallow right into the s’more for maximum melted chocolate.
- If you don’t have access to an open flame, you can make your s’mores indoors by broiling them. Just set graham crackers on a baking sheet, set chocolate, berries and marshmallows on top, and broil until marshmallows are toasted to your liking, about 3 minutes. Top s’mores with remaining graham crackers and serve.
Keywords: dark chocolate berry s'mores, berry s'mores, how to make s'mores with berries