Delicious and healthy jalapeno chicken burgers with avocado are perfect for summer cookouts this season! They are a healthier burger alternative with just as much flavor as traditional burgers – and they are husband approved!
Burger season is in full swing, and I’m not complaining! There is nothing better than a summer cookout with family and friends.
After a while though, regular hamburgers might get a little boring. Not that there is anything wrong with regular beef burgers – I love a good homemade burger – but just in case you want to change things up a little, I’ve got the perfect healthy burger alternative – Jalapeno Chicken Burgers!
Before you dismiss these burgers as a flavorless, dried-out, not-burger, hear me out. Just because this jalapeno chicken burger is healthier, doesn’t mean it is any less delicious!
Mr. Table was very skeptical when I wrote “chicken burgers” on our menu board, but he loves them and actually requests them for dinner! (and he is 100% a beef-loving Texan).
These jalapeno chicken burgers are made with just a few ingredients – fresh jalapenos and garlic, chicken, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. That’s it! They stay juicy and flavorful and taste delicious with creamy avocado slices.
Add any other toppings you wish to make it exactly how you like it. Mr. Table likes bacon and cheese. I go for tons of fresh veggies and pickles! A whole-wheat bun adds a little bit of fiber and a nice subtle nuttiness. That, my friend, is a perfect burger!
Make these delicious burgers a full meal perfect for a cookout with broccoli salad, dill potato salad, grilled sweet potato fries, or patriotic fruit salad. Add a glass of sangria or summer shandy for the perfect summer feast to share with friends!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating in the comments!Print
Healthy Jalapeno Chicken Burgers
Healthy and delicious jalapeno chicken burgers with avocado are perfect for summer cookouts this season! They are a healthier burger alternative with just as much flavor as traditional burgers – and they are husband approved!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 burgers 1x
- Category: main dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 1 large jalapeno, stem and seeds removed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Oil spray
- 4 whole wheat buns
- 4 sliced cheddar or jack cheese (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Other toppings: lettuce, sliced tomato, onions, pickles, fresh jalapeno slices, mustard, mayonnaise, etc
- In a food processor or with a knife, finely mince garlic and jalapeno. Add to a mixing bowl.
- Add chicken, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix well with your hands and form into 4 patties. And place on a plate. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Heat a grill pan or skillet on medium-high heat. Spray with oil. If you are cooking them outdoors, you can place a cast-iron skillet directly on the grill, or you can place a piece of foil or a grilling mat down on the grates before adding the patties to prevent them from falling in through the grates.
- Cook patties for about 5 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 5 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 165° F. You may use a grill press if you have one. Add cheese if using and continue to cook, covered, until cheese melts.
- While burgers are cooking, toast buns (optional). Place a burger on each bottom bun. Top with avocado slices and desired toppings, then top bun.
Keywords: chicken burger, healthy jalapeno burger