This fresh herb grilled shrimp with mango melon salad is a light and easy dinner that you’ll want to enjoy for the rest of the summer! (gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free)
Now that we’re good with fruit (if not, see my previous post), it’s time to make a delicious fruit-filled dinner! This grilled shrimp with mango melon salad is everything you want in a summer meal. It’s light and effortless, cooked on the grill, and is made with fresh ingredients. It’s the perfect dinner for a lazy summer evening.
In this simple dinner, grilled shrimp in a flavorful garlic and herb vinaigrette are served alongside the star of the plate (in my opinion) – the mango melon salad.
Super juicy and sweet watermelon, cantaloupe, and mango, plus crunchy jicama, tossed in more herbs – what’s not to love? It’s a delicious combination that is a little unexpected but totally delicious with the cilantro, mint, and lime in the marinade/dressing.
Speaking of the marinade and dressing, it’s of the greatest things about this grilled shrimp with mango melon salad. You make one simple, herb-filled vinaigrette that serves as both the marinade for the shrimp and the dressing that gets tossed with the fruit salad. It marries the two components in such an effortless way.
If you prep ahead and cut up all of the fruit and the jicama beforehand, this super simple meal can be made in about 15 minutes. So quick and fresh – just the thing for a great dinner this time of year. You’ll want to make this dish over and over again.
So pour yourself a glass of crisp white wine and fire up the grill. You’ve got a delicious summer meal coming right up!
This fresh herb grilled shrimp with mango melon salad is a light and easy dinner that you'll want to enjoy for the rest of the summer! (gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp shallot, minced
- 3 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint
- Juice from 1 lime (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch freshly cracked pepper
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup mango, cubed
- 1 cup jicama, cubed
- 1 1/4 cup cantaloupe, cubed
- 1 1/4 cup watermelon, cubed
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, shallot, cilantro, mint, lime juice, red wine vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
- Place peeled and deveined shrimp in a bowl. Pour half of the herb vinaigrette over the shrimp and toss to coat. Let shrimp marinate while you make the melon salad.
- Add mango, jicama, and melon to a large bowl. Pour remaining herb vinaigrette over mixture and gently stir to coat. Place in the refrigerator while you cook the shrimp.
- Slide shrimp onto skewers. (If using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for about an hour before using).
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Cook shrimp until pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
- Serve shrimp with melon salad.
You can also use honeydew melon along with or in place of cantaloupe.
Love this recipe? PIN it!