This grilled corn summer salad features grilled fresh corn and poblanos with fresh tomatoes and avocado for a delicious summer salad that’s perfect for cookouts! (gluten-free, vegetarian)
One of my absolute favorite things about summer is the super fresh sweet corn. Nothing else can compare to a fresh ear of juicy corn in the summertime. Lately I’ve been putting it in salads raw. If you’ve never tried it that way, you definitely should. It’s super fresh tasting on a hot day.
But today’s salad features the best way to eat corn in the summer – grilled of course!.
This yummy grilled corn summer salad is one from last year that got tossed out when I switched my blog over to a new hosting site. I don’t know how, it just did. But it’s so yummy that I couldn’t let it get away, and since it’s summer and you’ve got lots of cookouts to attend, I though it’d be the perfect time to share it.
The great thing about this grilled corn summer salad, that features sweet grilled corn and fiery poblano peppers is that it can be enjoyed either warm or cold, making it the perfect dish to bring to any gathering. You can make everything the day before and simply toss in the avocado before you head out the door. Or, you can enjoy it warm straight from the grill at home. Either way, you’ll have a delicious salad bursting with summer flavors!
This grilled corn summer salad features grilled fresh corn and poblanos with fresh tomatoes and avocado for a delicious summer salad that's perfect for cookouts! (gluten-free, vegetarian) | via livelytable.com
- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fat free feta cheese crumbles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Pinch paprika
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Place corn and poblano directly on the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until the pepper and corn have browned bits. Remove and let cool before cutting kernels off of cobs. When pepper is cool enough to handle, discard the seeds and stem, and dice into small pieces.
- Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, and paprika. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine corn, poblano, tomatoes, cilantro, onions, and feta. Stir to combine. Pour dressing over salad and add avocado cubes. Gently stir and serve immediately or refrigerate, saving avocado until just before serving.
Love this recipe? PIN it!