An addicting strawberry salad made with crisp romaine, creamy goat cheese, sweet honey pecans and grilled chicken. It’s a healthy and delicious summer lunch!
You guys. Get ready to have your summer meals on repeat because this strawberry salad is going to Rock. Your. World.
This strawberry salad, known as the Barbi Salad after a delicious salad I grew up eating from a café in Fort Worth, is one of my all time favorites! I’m so glad it’s Strawberry season so I can share it with you. Whenever I’m in Ft. Worth visiting my mom, we always eat lunch at McKinley’s, which is a little café and bakery with amazing thumbprint cookies. They’ve got the most delicious salads and sandwiches, so it’s always tough to choose just one, but I always end up getting the Barbi salad. I just can’t resist!
I know that strawberries are supposed to go with spinach, but just give this strawberry salad a chance, and I promise you will be hooked just like I am.
The Barbi Salad features crisp romaine lettuce, juicy strawberries, and creamy goat cheese topped with sweet and crunchy honey pecans. The combination is to die for, and so refreshing for summer. I love to use Brianna’s Blush Wine Vinaigrette, but a lemon or a honey vinaigrette would also go really well.
You may want to make extra chicken and pecans so they are ready to go when you are craving this Barbi salad, because you will! Just sayin’.
An addicting strawberry salad made with crisp romaine, creamy goat cheese, sweet honey pecans and grilled chicken.
- 3 cups chopped romaine
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tbsp honey pecans (see below for recipe)
- 1 chicken breast (about 6 oz), grilled and sliced
- 2 tbsp blush vinaigrette (I like Brianne's)
- 2 tbsp pecan halves
- To make honey pecans, preheat oven to 350°F. Place pecans on a small baking sheet lined with foil. Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with a small amount of honey, Lightly stir to coat. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until pecans are toasted. Remove from oven and let cool before handling.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine romaine, strawberries, goat cheese, and pecans. Toss with vinaigrette.
- Divide salad between two bowls. Top with chicken and serve.