Easy rosemary orange grilled chicken is a simple, healthy, and flavorful solution for weeknight dinners. You’re only 8 ingredients away from having dinner on the table! (gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free)
Wake up, feed crying baby. Burp crying baby. Change crying baby. Try to sooth crying baby while attempting to feed self and do laundry. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. These have been my least few
weeks. months. years? What day is it? I don’t even know.
If I’m lucky I might get a speed shower each day (no hair washing for mom today!) or a few e-mails in between bursts of crying. Man do I love Queen C, but some days she wants to be a complete monster. An adorable, lovable, screaming monster. And I hate that there is not much I can do for her at times. It is heart breaking and frustrating and exhausting.
Needless to say, my brain is in no condition to think very hard about dinner by the end of her fussy days. I need something with very little prep work or active cooking so I can tend to that sweet little monster.
Guess what’s always handy in my freezer? Chicken breast, of course. Chicken breast is usually a no-brainer dinner, and this rosemary orange grilled chicken is just that – perfect for new moms with zombie brains at the end of the day.
This rosemary orange grilled chicken is so easy to make with a super simple marinade that is flavorful and makes a perfect light, tasty chicken dinner. It’s simple to prepare any time you get a spare minute during the day, and then you can put it in the fridge to marinate until you’re ready to cook. Or rather, when your husband gets home and you can hand it off to him to grill while you do one of the million other things that you meant to do today, but you didn’t, because, you know, you have a baby to take care of.
To all of you moms who are exhausted and have chronic mom brain but still need to get a healthy, tasty, dinner on the table (okay, isn’t that all of us?), this easy rosemary orange grilled chicken is for you. You got this mama!
Easy rosemary orange grilled chicken is a simple, healthy, and flavorful solution for weeknight dinners. You're only 8 ingredients away from having dinner on the table! (gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free)
- 2 (6 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup 100% orange juice
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce*
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped (about 4 4-inch sprigs)
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- In a shallow container, whisk together all ingredients except for chicken. Place chicken in the container with the marinade and refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Remove chicken, reserving marinade.
- Spray grill with oil and add chicken breasts. Cook 5 minutes per side over direct heat, basting with reserved marinade.
- Move chicken to indirect heat (move to top rack of grill or turn grill pan to low and cover). Continue cooking, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° F and juices run clear, about 10 more minutes, more or less depending on the thickness of chicken.
- Remove from grill and serve.
*Use tamari for gluten-free. **This recipe is easily doubled.
Love this recipe? PIN it!