Throw a fiesta at home to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with these mouth-watering healthy Mexican recipes for Cinco de Mayo!
Every good Texan knows that Cinco de Mayo is as much a Texas holiday as it is a Mexican one. Not that we need an excuse to celebrate with some margaritas and tacos, but Cinco de Mayo is basically a food holiday in its own right. And nobody does Tex-Mex better than Texans, obviously. Since we’ll all be celebrating at home this year (and we could all use an excuse to make a cocktail), throw a Cinco de Mayo fiesta at home with these healthy, delicious, Mexican-inspired recipes!
Healthy Recipes for Cinco de Mayo
Because Cinco de Mayo celebrations start in the AM.
- Healthy Huevos Rancheros Tostadas
- Green Chile Mexican Breakfast Casserole
- Sweet Potato Bacon Breakfast Tacos
- Butternut Squash Breakfast Tacos
- Migas Breakfast Bowl
Tex-Mex Dips and Starters
You definitely need at least guac and salsa.
- The Best Grilled Salsa
- Easy Guacamole
- Caramelized Onion Guacamole
- Grilled Pineapple Black Bean Jicama Salsa
- Slow Cooker Green Chile Corn Dip
- Salsa Verde
- Mexican Ceviche
- Roasted Poblano Goat Cheese Sweet Potato Cakes
Skip the ground beef with taco seasoning and try one of these delicious taco recipes instead!
- Healthy Coconut Crusted Fish Tacos With Mango Salsa
- Charred Zucchini Black Bean Tacos
- Blackened Salmon Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- Easy Chipotle Shrimp Tacos
- Pulled Quail Street Tacos
- Skillet Chicken Fajitas
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Strawberry Salsa
Other Healthy Mexican Mains
If you’re looking for something outside of tacos for Cinco de Mayo, try one of these Mexican-inspired Mains!
- Chipotle Flank Steak with Pineapple Salsa
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
- Easy Margarita Chicken
- Healthy Crock Pot Carnitas
- Easy Instant Pot Barbacoa Beef
- Mole Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Instant Pot Mexican Black Bean Soup
- Veggie Loaded Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- Grilled Chicken Chile Rellenos
- Spinach Mushroom Hummus Quesadillas
- Easy Baked Tortilla Crusted Tilapia
- Green Chile Chicken
- Carne Asada with Avocado Chimichurri
- Creamy Roasted Poblano Corn Soup
- One Dish Chicken Enchilada Quinoa Casserole
Healthy Mexican Inspired Side Dishes & Essential Sauces
Homemade sauces and sides never hurt, especially when they’re this good!
- Homemade Corn Tortillas
- The Easiest Refried Black Beans
- The Best Easy Pinto Beans
- Cilantro Lime Quinoa
- Green Apple Jicama Slaw with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- Walnut Mole Sauce
- Red Enchilada Sauce
- Green Enchilada Sauce
- Easy Pickled Onions
I highly recommend my classic (skinny) margaritas, but if that’s not your jam, try something else!
- Classic Skinny Margaritas
- Blood Orange Margaritas
- Cilantro Lemongrass Margaritas
- Hatch Chile Margaritas
- White Wine Mojitos
- Apple Cider Margaritas
- Honey Broiled Grapefruit Palomas
- Tequila Spiked Mexican Hot Chocolate