Easy chipotle shrimp tacos with cilantro jalapeño sauce are flavorful, healthy and quick enough to make on a weeknight. They also make a great Cinco de Mayo dish! (gluten-free)
I thought it was good anyway. I love food puns.
Gearing up for Cinco de Mayo means going full Tex Mex mode in the Lively Table kitchen. I’ve already shared my Lemongrass Cilantro Margarita with you, so next up is a killer taco recipe that is both simple and delicious: Easy Chipotle Shrimp Tacos!
Mr. Table is obsessed with chipotle powder, so I thought I’d indulge him with this easy chipotle shrimp taco recipe. These tacos are so flavorful with just enough spice to make things interesting without making you sweat. Add a little purple cabbage for color, cotija cheese for some salty tang, and a super tasty cilantro jalapeño cream sauce, and you’ve got the ultimate easy taco recipe for Cinco de Mayo!
I know I keep saying these tacos are easy, but it’s because they truly are so easy to make. You throw a little seasoning on some shrimp and cook them for, like, 5 minutes, and you’ve got yourself some super delicious tacos in under 15 minutes!
Of course no fiesta is complete without LOTS of guacamole, so my friends at Casabella made sure you have the perfect vehicle for that delicious green goodness! The Guac-Lock is a great little storage bowl designed to keep your guac from browning so that you can make it ahead, store it air-tight, and serve it all in the same container! (The push-up mechanism keeps the container looking full too.)
I like to serve these easy chipotle shrimp tacos with fresh mango salsa. I also make sure I have plenty of salsa verde hanging around and margaritas flowing before dinner to keep guests happy, so be sure to check out those recipes. For even more Cinco de Mayo inspiration, follow my Taco Tuesday board on Pinterest. Let’s fiesta!
This post is sponsored by Casabella. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that keep Lively Table going!
Easy Chipotle Shrimp Tacos
Easy chipotle shrimp tacos with cilantro jalapeño sauce are flavorful, healthy and quick enough to make on a weeknight. They make a great Cinco de Mayo dish! (gluten-free)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 tacos 1x
- Category: Main dish
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
- 1 lb raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- Juice from 1/2 lime
For the cilantro jalapeño sauce:
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Place shrimp in a medium, nonreactive bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine chipotle, garlic powder, and cumin. Sprinkle over shrimp. Add oil and lime and stir well until shrimp are evenly coated. Set aside while you prepare the cilantro jalapeno sauce.
- In a food processor, blender or food processor, combine jalapeño, cilantro, yogurt, and lime juice. Process until smooth and pour into a small bowl for serving.
- Prepare remaining taco toppings.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook about 3 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Serve with warm corn tortillas and top as desired. Enjoy!
Keywords: tacos, shrimp, easy
Love this recipe? PIN it!