This One Skillet Chicken Enchilada Quinoa Bake is an easy, healthy and delicious meal with Southwestern flair! Use leftover chicken and quinoa to make this 7-ingredient dish even easier for a busy weeknight. (gluten-free)
Remember that homemade green enchilada sauce I shared with you a few weeks ago? Well, today it’s back in the form of a Chicken Enchilada bake that will make your life 100 times easier! Ok, maybe not 100 times, probably more like 5 times. But easier nonetheless, and definitely more delicious!
My husband and I both love enchiladas. (Actually we love any Tex-Mex. It’s part of being Texan.) But some nights, making sauce and meat and then hand rolling an entire sheet pan of enchiladas AND cleaning up is just not going to happen. Some nights I’m more in a ‘dump everything in a pan and bake it with some cheese while I drink wine’ kind of mood. For those nights, this One Skillet Chicken Enchilada Quinoa Bake is perfect.
It’s got all of the delicious southwest flavors of green chile chicken enchiladas, plus the whole grain goodness of quinoa, minus the work and the mess. And it’s even easier if you have leftover chicken and quinoa already in your refrigerator. If you’re feeling extra ambitious, you could make a green salad to serve alongside this one skillet dish. Or you could just double up on the veggies and call it good. Your call.
As if this one skillet chicken enchilada quinoa bake weren’t convenient enough, it also happens to make plenty so that you can have leftovers for lunch the next day, too!
One Skillet Chicken Enchilada Quinoa Bake
A healthy and delicious one skillet meal with Southwestern flair! Use leftover chicken and quinoa to make this 7-ingredient dish even easier for a busy weeknight.
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Category: Main dish
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (cook with chicken broth for more flavor)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen or canned corn kernels (drained)
- 1.5 – 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- Cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a square baking dish or an oven-proof skillet.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except for cheese. Pour mixture into skillet or baking dish and top with cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and serve while hot. Leftovers are great for lunch!
Love this recipe? PIN it!