These delicious, healthy Greek chicken bowls are flavorful and filling grain bowls topped with greek chicken, roasted veggies, and tzatziki sauce. This sheet pan recipe is great for weeknight dinners or meal prep! (gluten-free, nut-free)
Alright, y’all. I’ve been slacking. I have had this recipe stored away and have been meaning to share it for quite some time. But I’ve suffered from a bit of blogging ADD (Oh look, pumpkin!) and got distracted by all of the fall things.
But I’m back with a healthy sheet pan chicken dinner recipe perfect for weeknights or meal prep – healthy Greek chicken bowls!
These delicious, healthy Greek chicken bowls are like a whole Mediterranean meal in a bowl because everything tastes better in a bowl, right? It’s science.
Healthy Greek chicken bowls have all of the delicious Greek flavors you love, and they’re super easy to make! I roast the veggies and the chickpeas all on the same sheet pan while the quinoa cooks and whip up a little tzatziki sauce after cutting up the cucumber and tomato. The Greek chicken can either be grilled or cooked on the sheet pan with the veggies. Once everything is done cooking, all you have to do is scoop it up into a bowl and dig in!
These delicious Greek bowls are also great to make for a crowd because each person can customize theirs to suit their tastes. All of the ingredients are nut-free and gluten-free, so they’re suitable for lots of diets, and the meat can be left off for a vegetarian meal that’s still full of fiber and plant-based protein from all of the veggies, quinoa, and chickpeas.
To make these healthy Greek chicken bowls even easier to make, you can meal prep, cooking the quinoa, chicken, and veggies and prepping the tzatziki sauce ahead of time so that they’re super easy to throw together when you’re ready to eat.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating in the comments!Print
Healthy Greek Chicken Bowls (Sheet Pan Recipe)
These delicious, healthy Greek chicken bowls are flavorful and filling grain bowls topped with greek chicken, roasted veggies, and tzatziki sauce. This sheet pan recipe is great for weeknight dinners or meal prep! (gluten free, nut free)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: main dish
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: Greek
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup tzatziki sauce
- 2 Greek chicken breasts
- black or kalamata olives
- fresh herbs such as parsley, dill or oregano
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a small saucepan, combine onion, garlic and quinoa over medium-low heat. Add stock and simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, prepare Greek chicken to cook.
- Toss bell pepper and onion slices with olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper. Place chicken on a sheet pan lined with parchment or a silicone baking mat. Spread veggies on the sheet pan in a single layer. Roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring veggies halfway through.
- When veggies and chicken have about 10 minutes remaining, add chickpeas to the baking mat to warm.
- While chicken and veggies are cooking, prepare tzatziki sauce and cut tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Assemble bowls. Divide cooked quinoa and baby spinach between bowls. Top each with roasted veggies and chickpeas, sliced chicken, cucumber, tomato, and tzatziki. Add hummus, herbs and olives, if using, and serve.
Keywords: greek bowls, healthy chicken bowls