These healthy Greek chicken bowls are flavorful and filling grain bowls topped with greek chicken, roasted veggies, chickpeas and tzatziki sauce, all conveniently cooked on a sheet pan! This delicious recipe is great for weeknight dinners or meal prep! (gluten-free, nut-free)
But I'm back with a healthy sheet pan chicken dinner recipe perfect for weeknights or meal prep - healthy sheet pan Greek chicken bowls! These delicious, healthy Greek chicken bowls are like a whole Mediterranean meal in a bowl because everything tastes better in a bowl, right? It's science.
Why You'll Love These Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Grain Bowls
These delicious grain bowls bowls have so much going for them. That's why they're a regular on our menu rotation. They're:
- Absolutely delicious. They're got all of the delicious Mediterranean flavors you love, with tender, juicy Greek chicken, roasted red peppers, onions, kale and chickpeas, plus fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and creamy tzatziki sauce. All on top of a bed of fluffy kale. The fresh, savory flavors and contrast in textures is anything but boring.
- Easy to make. The chicken, roasted veggies, and chickpeas are all cooked on the same baking sheet in the oven, making cooking and cleanup easier for you.
- Super nourishing. These bowls are loaded with veggies, protein, and healthy fat, with the goodness of whole grains and chickpeas. It's both healthy and filling.
- Family or group friendly. Bowls are always great for families because each person can customize theirs to suit their tastes. All of the ingredients are nut-free and gluten-free, so they're suitable for lots of diets, and the meat can be left off for a vegetarian meal.
How To Make Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Grain Bowls
Make the quinoa
- Place dry quinoa, onion, garlic and broth in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 15 minutes on low heat.
Make the Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies
- Marinate the chicken.
- Slice onion and bell pepper and toss with oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to a sheet pan and spread peppers and onions around the chicken in a single layer.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and spread kale and chickpeas around the chicken.
- Stir and return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Slice the chicken.
Chop the Fresh Veggies and Assemble The Bowls
- Chop tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Make the tzatziki sauce.
- Assemble bowls. Start with a bed of quinoa and top with roasted veggies and chicken. Top with fresh veggies, tzatziki or hummus, and any other toppings you like!
Ingredient Substitutions and Recipe Variations
- This recipe is great for using leftover quinoa. Also feel free to use any other grain you like, such as farro or brown rice.
- You can use fresh baby spinach or other leafy greens instead of roasted kale.
- Leave off the chicken for a vegetarian version.
- These bowls are super flexible and customizable to what you prefer or have on hand. Get as creative as you'd like with your toppings!
Can These Bowl Be Made In Advance?
You can definitely make these bowls even easier to make by cooking the quinoa, chicken, and veggies and prepping the tzatziki sauce ahead of time so that they're super easy to throw together when you're ready to eat. I don't recommend slicing the cucumber or tomatoes until it's time to serve, so that they don't get soggy.
Love Bowl Meals? Try These other healthy and delicious bowl recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating in the comments!Print
Healthy Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Grain Bowls
These healthy Greek chicken bowls are flavorful and filling grain bowls topped with greek chicken, roasted veggies, chickpeas and tzatziki sauce, all conveniently cooked on a sheet pan. This delicious recipe is great for weeknight dinners or meal prep! (gluten free, nut free)
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: main dish
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: Greek
For the Quinoa:
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup onion, finely diced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
For the Sheet Pan Greek Chicken and Veggies:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup Greek seasoning
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 medium red onions, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- ½ bunch kale, cut into ribbons
For the quinoa:
- In a small saucepan, combine onion, garlic and quinoa. Add stock and bring to a boil over over medium heat.
- Lower heat and simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
For Sheet Pan Greek Chicken and Veggies:
- Heat oven to 400°F. Season chicken breasts liberally with Greek seasoning. Whisk lemon juice, red wine vinegar and 2 tablespoon of the olive oil and place chicken into the mixture to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Toss bell pepper and onion slices with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on a sheet pan lined with parchment or a silicone baking mat. Spread peppers and onions on the sheet pan around the chicken in a single layer. Cook 20 minutes.
- Remove the sheet pan and spread the kale and chickpeas around the chicken. Stir and return to the oven for 10-15 more minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and slice the chicken on a cutting board.
- While chicken and veggies are cooking, prepare tzatziki sauce and cut tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Assemble bowls by adding cooked quinoa to the bottom of bowls. Top each with roasted veggies and chickpeas, sliced chicken, cucumber, tomato, and tzatziki or hummus, along with any additional toppings you're using.
- This recipe is great for using leftover quinoa. It will save you a step!
- Feel free to use raw baby spinach or other greens in place of the roasted kale.
- Make these bowls with whatever you have and whatever suits your taste. Get creative with your grains, toppings, etc!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up the 3 days, keeping raw veggies and tzatziki sauce separate so that they don't get soggy.
Keywords: sheet pan greek chicken bowls, greek chicken grain bowls