This Vegetarian Rainbow Buddha Bowl with turmeric tahini sauce is a delicious meal full of nourishing ingredients that is healthy, filling and satisfying! Great for meal prepping healthy lunches (vegetarian, vegan option)
I have had a serious obsession with this Rainbow Buddha Bowl lately. It is the most delicious meal filled with all of my favorite things – beets, brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, and avocado. Oh and eggs. Always eggs. I just can’t get enough of this amazing, nourishing bowl.
Not only is this beautiful rainbow buddha bowl super tasty, but it’s also loaded with nutritious whole foods. The combination of whole grain farro, colorful veggies and avocado provide healthy, filling fiber, heart-healthy fat, and tons of vitamins and antioxidants. This vegetarian bowl also has tons of filling protein. All finished off with a luxurious drizzle of my newest sauce obsession – turmeric tahini sauce. OMG.
I mean the sauce alone is enough motivation to make these this yummy rainbow buddha bowl. I could seriously eat it with a spoon. It’s that stinkin’ good. Do I have you drooling yet?
A rainbow buddha makes an amazing vegetarian breakfast, lunch or dinner. They are perfect for meal prepping and eating straight from the fridge for healthy, delicious meals. Simply portion everything out into containers instead of bowls for a quick grab and go breakfast, lunch or dinner that’s ready when you are! They can also easily be made vegan by leaving off the eggs. I’m currently loving farro, but any whole grain will work in this yummy rainbow buddha bowl! Use quinoa or brown rice for a gluten-free bowl. Or leave out the grains completely if you want!
Are you in on the bowl trend lately? What’s your favorite combination of ingredients to make the ultimate bowl meal?
This Rainbow Buddha Bowl is a delicious meal full of nourishing ingredients that is healthy, filling and satisfying! (gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan option)
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 medium beet
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 large eggs*
- 1/2 small avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cooked farro
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Tahini sauce:
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Wash sweet potato and pierce with a fork in several places. Wrap tightly in foil. Wash beet and wrap tightly in foil. Place both in the oven and bake 30-45 minutes or until soft. Remove from oven. Once cool enough to handle, cut into cubes.
- In a small nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add brussels sprouts and cook, stirring, until bright green and crispy on the outside, 5-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring water to a boil in a small saucepan if using eggs. Gently place eggs in the water and boil gently for 6 minutes. Drain and place eggs into an ice water bath to stop the cooking. Once cooled, carefully peel and cut in half right before placing in the bowls.
- To make the sauce, whisk together all sauce ingredients until smooth or blend in a blender.
- Divide farro between two bowls. Add sweet potatoes, beets, and brussels sprouts. Top each bowl with avocado, one egg, and a drizzle of turmeric tahini sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bowls can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for healthy prepped lunches.
*omit eggs for vegan
Love this recipe? PIN it!