Healthy Peaches and Cream Pancakes made with whole grains, fresh peaches, and greek yogurt are the perfect healthy breakfast for a lazy summer weekend!
If we were lucky during the summer and my mom had bought fresh peaches at the store, or better yet, if we stopped at the peach stand on the way to our lake house, my mom would make her super delicious peach pancakes. She would cook the peaches into a soft, syrup-like topping and stack it in between each pancake so that every bite was peachy heaven. They were amazing.
Now that it is peach season, I knew I had to recreate my mom’s amazing peach pancakes (with a healthy twist, of course). So I stocked up on fresh summer peaches and whipped up a batch of these healthy peaches and cream pancakes to share with you all!
These healthy peaches and cream pancakes have the same decadent taste as I always remembered, but with healthy whole grain oats, hardly any sugar (or none at all if you’d like), and creamy greek yogurt for added protein! They are so delicious that you would never guess that they are secretly good for you! Of course, you have to watch the syrup, since that’s where the sugar and calories hide. But for a weekend treat, that’s okay, right?
Feel free to make these however they work for you. If you have frozen sliced peaches, that perfectly fine! And you can sub a gluten-free flour to make them fit into a gluten-free diet. Don’t do dairy? That’s okay, too! You can use soy or coconut yogurt, or just leave it out altogether! Just don’t skimp on those delicious peaches in between each pancake, because they are just so darn good!
Healthy Peaches and Cream Pancakes made with whole grains, fresh peaches, and greek yogurt are the perfect healthy breakfast for a lazy summer weekend! Coming in at under 200 calories, they only taste indulgent!
- 1 cup oats, ground
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-1 1/2 cups club soda or milk of choice
- Coconut oil or cooking spray
- 2 large or 3 small peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp honey (if using plain yogurt)
- Maple syrup or honey for topping (optional)
- Preheat a griddle or nonstick skillet to 350° F. In a large bowl, mix ground oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, flax, and salt. Add egg, vanilla, and 1 cup milk or club soda. Lightly whisk and add more liquid if necessary to reach your desired consistency.
- In a medium bowl, combine peaches and sugar. Let rest for 10 minutes. Pour peaches into a small skillet or saucepan with the water and heat over medium heat until peaches are soft.
- Once griddle is hot, lightly grease with coconut oil (or use cooking spray on your skillet). Pour batter by 1/4 cup into circles on the griddle and cook until bubbles form on the surface and the bottom is golden. Flip and cook until done, about 1 more minute. Repeat with all of the remaining batter.
- While pancakes and peaches are cooking, combine yogurt and honey (if using) in a small bowl.
- Top each pancake with warm peach topping and yogurt. Drizzle with honey or maple syrup, if desired. Enjoy!
Love this recipe? PIN it!