Mushroom Ricotta Crostini are a delicious and elegant appetizer. They’re easy to prepare for a crowd and perfect for holidays or game watching parties! (vegetarian, nut-free)
Looking for a super impressive yet easy appetizer to serve a crowd? Look no further, Lively Table has you covered! These Mushroom Ricotta Crostini are elegant and delicious, and they are so easy to whip up quickly. I bet you even have most of the ingredients in your pantry (or in my case, in the freezer).
I’m deeming 2016 the year of the toast. Avocado toast ruled 2015 as the trendy, delicious, and easy food – and for good reason, but toast has so much more potential than a vehicle for your morning avocado or jam. Personally, I adore tiny slices of toast as a tasty way to combine almost any topping for a delicious and portable appetizer!
These Mushroom Ricotta Crostini were inspired by some leftover ricotta I had in the refrigerator after making my Eggplant and Italian Sausage Baked Ziti. Luckily, ricotta can take on almost any bold flavor, so I thought mushrooms would be perfect! I love mushrooms, and they become so flavorful when cooked with a little wine and balsamic vinegar. Just perfect to go on top of crunchy crostini and creamy ricotta cheese.
I like to top these with a touch of sea salt and fresh thyme to elevate the flavor just that much more, and to give them a little color. If you like mushrooms and easy appetizers, give these Mushroom Ricotta Crostini a try for your next gathering. I promise you will be a hero to your friends!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating in the comments!Print
Mushroom Ricotta Crostini
Mushroom and Ricotta Crositini are a delicious and elegant appetizer. They’re easy to prepare for a crowd and perfect for holidays or game watching parties! (vegetarian, nut-free)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: About 24 crostini 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Method: baked and stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 whole grain baguette
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, sliced thinly
- 1 pint mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves removed
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Slice baguette into thin slices and lay slices on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Once oven has preheated, place baguette slices in the oven and bake until toasted, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot and sauté a couple minutes.
- Add mushroom slices and white wine. Continue cooking until liquid has reduced and mushrooms are soft.
- Reduce heat to low and add thyme, black pepper and balsamic vinegar. Stir and keep warm until toast is done.
- Remove toasts form oven once they are golden. Spread each piece with about 1 tsp ricotta. Top with about mushrooms. Sprinkle with sea salt and more fresh thyme and serve immediately.
Keywords: mushroom ricotta crostini, ricotta crostini