Mushroom Ricotta Crostini
Mushroom and Ricotta Crositini are a delicious and elegant appetizer. They're easy to prepare for a crowd and perfect for holidays or game watching parties! (vegetarian, nut-free)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: About 24 crostini 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Method: baked and stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 whole grain baguette
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, sliced thinly
- 1 pint mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves removed
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Slice baguette into thin slices and lay slices on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Once oven has preheated, place baguette slices in the oven and bake until toasted, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot and sauté a couple minutes.
- Add mushroom slices and white wine. Continue cooking until liquid has reduced and mushrooms are soft.
- Reduce heat to low and add thyme, black pepper and balsamic vinegar. Stir and keep warm until toast is done.
- Remove toasts form oven once they are golden. Spread each piece with about 1 tsp ricotta. Top with about mushrooms. Sprinkle with sea salt and more fresh thyme and serve immediately.
Keywords: mushroom ricotta crostini, ricotta crostini