Blood Orange Avocado Crostini are tiny versions of everyone's favorite snack topped with beautiful blood oranges, honey and sea salt. They're a delicious and healthy appetizer! (vegetarian)
We have all agreed that avocado toast is the bomb right? (Do people still say "the bomb?" I don’t care. I still say it.) If you haven't agreed, go ahead and jump on the bandwagon, because I have come up with a super delicious mini variation for citrus season: Blood Orange Avocado Crostini!
These mini avocado toasts are the perfect afternoon snack or appetizer for any party! They have the delicious taste of your favorite avocado toast, but with the added yumminess of seasonal blood orange.
You already know that my husband and I love blood oranges, and they seem to be hard to get our hands on sometimes, even when citrus fruit is abundant this time of year. So when I do find them, I try to use them in everything!
These Blood Orange Avocado Crostini are an unexpected but delicious combination. The sweet blood orange with creamy avocado are so yummy with a sprinkle of sea salt and drizzle of manuka honey. Plus crostini are just so prefect with anything! And the avocado provides healthy fats while blood oranges provide plenty of vitamin C.
Serve these at your next gathering (like, ahem, your Super Bowl party, and you'll be a hero for bringing such a healthy and beautiful snack. People will not be able to get enough. No matter which team wins, you know you will!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating in the comments!Print
Blood Orange Avocado Crostini
Blood Orange Avocado Crostini are tiny versions of everyone's favorite snack topped with beautiful blood oranges and honey. They're a delicious, easy and healthy appetizer! (vegetarian)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 24 pieces 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 whole grain baguette
- 2 small avocados, mashed
- 1 blood orange, peeled
- honey (I use Manuka honey)
- Coarse sea salt
- Heat oven to 400° F. Slice baguette into thin slices (about ¼ inch thick) and lay slices on a baking sheet in a single layer. Once oven has preheated, place baguette slices in the oven and bake until toasted, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, scoop put avocado and mash. If it will be a while before serving, squeeze some lime or lemon juice into avocado mixture to keep it from browning.
- Slice peeled blood orange into thin slices and cut each slice into quarters.
- Once baguette slices are toasted, remove from oven. Let cool before spreading 1-2 teaspoon of avocado onto each toast slice. Place 1 or 2 orange quarters on top of avocado. Drizzle each piece with honey and sprinkle with sea salt.
Keywords: avocado crostini, blood orange crostini