This ground turkey stir-fry recipe is loaded with flavor and nutrition because of its variety of veggies.
You can customize this dish however you like by adding your favorite vegetables or using up any leftover vegetables that you may have in your fridge. Serve it over rice for a quick and complete meal.
Why You'll Love this Ground Turkey Stir-Fry Recipe
This ground turkey and vegetable stir-fry is healthy, flavorful, and easy to make. It's packed with protein and veggies, and it's a great way to use up any leftover veggies you might have. Plus, it's ready in 35 minutes, which makes it perfect for weeknight dinners.
Stir-fries are easy to customize with your favorite ingredients, so you can always mix things up and keep your taste buds happy.
Why Is this Stir-Fry Healthy?
Stir-fry is a quick and healthy way to cook ground turkey and vegetables. The high heat of the pan sears the meat and vegetables, locking in their natural flavors and nutrients. This type of cooking is also low in fat and calories, making it a great choice for those watching their weight or trying to eat healthier.
Lean ground turkey is a healthy meat option. It is low in saturated fat and high in protein and essential nutrients. It's lower in saturated fat than other meats, such as lean ground beef.
Vegetables, such as bell peppers, carrots, and onions, are an important part of a healthy diet. They provide many essential nutrients and are a good source of fiber, which helps to regulate digestion. Vegetables also contain phytochemicals that may protect against certain chronic diseases. Including a variety of vegetables in your diet is a great way to ensure you're getting all the nutrients you need for optimal health.
How to Make Ground Turkey Stir-Fry
- Prep the veggies: Cut the red and green peppers into thin strips. Peel the carrots and cut into matchsticks. Cut the white onion into thin slices. Finely chop the white part of the spring onions and reserve the green part for a garnish.
- Heat the neutral-tasting oil in a large pan.
- Add the white onion slices and the chopped spring onion. Cook for 5 minutes on medium-high heat until they start to soften.
- Add the bell pepper, carrots, and half of the soy sauce and mix well. Cook for another 5-7 minutes on medium-low.
- Move the veggies to the sides of the pan, leaving the center open for the ground turkey.
- Add the ground turkey, remaining soy sauce, and chili flakes to the center of the pan. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the turkey is browned.
- Mix everything together and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice and garnish with sesame seeds and the green part of the spring onions.
More Turkey Recipes You'll Love
- 15 Healthy Ground Turkey Recipes
- Chipotle Apple Turkey Chili
- One Pot Turkey Gumbo
- Easy Herb-Roasted Bone-In Turkey Breast
Ground Turkey Stir-Fry Tips
- There are a few different types of oils that are known for being neutral in taste, making them ideal for cooking. Some of the most popular neutral oils include canola oil, vegetable oil, and peanut oil. They don't have a strong flavor that will compete with the flavors of the dish.
- Add some ginger and/or garlic to the pan before frying anything else for an added touch of flavor.
- This recipe is perfect for meal prepping because it keeps well in the fridge for up to a week in a sealed container.
- Serve this stir-fry over brown or wild rice for an extra nutritional boost. These whole-grain rices have more fiber and nutrients than white rice.
- As an alternative, serve the stir-fry over quinoa. Quinoa has more protein than rice. And it is gluten free if you have Celiac disease or gluten sensitivities.
This ground turkey stir-fry recipe is one of my go-to recipes when I'm looking for a quick and healthy meal. It's packed with protein and vegetables, and it's so easy to make. Plus, it's versatile—you can add whatever vegetables you have on hand, and you can swap out the rice for quinoa or noodles. If you're in the mood for a delicious and healthy stir-fry, give this recipe a try. You won't be disappointed.Print
The Best Ground Turkey Stir-Fry Recipe
Easy weeknight friendly meal, full of protein, veggies, and flavor! Serve it alongside some rice for the perfect complete meal!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stir-Fry
- Cuisine: Asian
- Diet: Halal
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 white onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 carrots
- 2 spring onions
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons neutral tasting oil
- Start by prepping the veggies:
- bell peppers in thin strips
- Peel and cut the carrots in match sticks
- Slice the onion thinly
- Chop the spring onions finely and reserve the green parts for garnish
- In a pan add the neutral tasting oil and heat, once it’s hot ad the white onion and the white part from the spring onions and cook for 5 minutes on medium-high heat until it starts to soften.
- Add the bell peppers and carrots to the pan. Add half of the soy sauce and mix well. Cook for another 5-7 minutes on medium-low.
- Set the veggies on the sides of the pan leaving the center free for the meat.
- Add the ground turkey to the center of the pan and add the rest of the soy sauce and the chili flakes. Cook for 5-7 minutes until it gets browned.
- Mix everything well and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and the green part of the spring onions.
- Serve over rice.
You can also add some ginger and garlic to the pan before frying anything else for an added touch of flavor.