A simple recipe for delicious blackened shrimp for a quick protein-packed meal! Gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, paleo and whole 30 friendly.
Confession time again. I didn't eat shrimp for about the first 18 years of my life. I know, weird, right? I've always eaten fish but didn't like the taste of shrimp, especially shrimp cocktail. I also hated ketchup and horseradish, so you know, there's that. But I still don't like cold boiled shrimp. Not my cup of tea.
However, I love grilled or blackened shrimp! I developed the taste somewhere along the road, and now shrimp is one of my go-to's for a quick, healthy meal. They are so easy to pull out of the freezer and thaw quickly, and they only take about 5 minutes to cook! So perfect for busy weeknights!
These blackened shrimp are a super easy and delicious way to prepare shrimp. I like to make a batch of the seasoning and keep a jar handy for a quick meal. It's delicious on shrimp, fish, chicken, or even veggies! The recipe makes about a cup, so it lasts for a while. If you don’t have smoked salt, you can leave it out or sub regular salt.
If you need more shrimp inspiration, try these yummy dishes:
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating in the comments!Print
Easy Blackened Shrimp
A simple recipe for delicious blackened shrimp for a quick protein-packed meal! Gluten-free, paleo and whole 30 friendly.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 16 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: main dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: seafood
- 2 ½ tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- ½ lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon blackening seasoning
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Mix all seasoning ingredients together and store in an airtight container.
- To prepare shrimp, place shrimp in a bowl and toss with lemon juice and seasoning.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet to medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes per side. Serve immediately.
Keywords: blackened shrimp