A healthy and simple dinner made with shrimp, peas, zucchini noodles, and delicious mint pesto screams Spring. It’s low carb, high protein and can be on your table in under 15 minutes. (gluten-free)
It’s almost Zoodle season people!! I’m so ready for the days of abundant, beautiful zucchini at the market just waiting to be made into zoodles! And the perfect thing about zoodles, is that they taste great both raw and cooked, as in this simple and tasty Spring Shrimp Zoodles with Mint Pesto. Cook the zoodles if you want a warm, comforting meal. Or keep them raw and chill the whole dish for a cool dinner on a hot night. Perfect!
This easy zoodle dish is the most delicious dinner to welcome Spring. It’s filled with lemon-y shrimp and yummy green peas, and it’s so simple to put together. Plus it’s a healthy low carb option packed with veggies to keep you full. But the real star of this dish is the mint pesto.
Something about mint just screams Spring to me, and it really shines when it’s blended up with pistachios, garlic, and lemon. It makes this dish so bright and flavorful, but it still feels light over zucchini noodles.
Another bonus- this tastes great for lunch the next day without even being reheated. The pesto really soaks in and gives it a so much flavor, and you can enjoy a healthy lunch of Shrimp Zoodles with Mint Pesto cold (and your coworkers won’t hate you for making the room smell like fish!).
I’m sure these simple zoodles and yummy mint pesto will make many appearances at our dinner table over the next few months. I hope you love them as much as we do!
A healthy and simple dinner made with shrimp, peas, zucchini noodles, and delicious mint pesto screams Spring. It's low carb, high protein and can be on your table in under 15 minutes.
- 1 lb medium-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Black pepper
- 3 large zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- Fresh grated parmesan, for serving (optional)
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup mint
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice from 1/2 large lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- In a medium sized bowl, combine shrimp, garlic, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Set aside. If using frozen peas, place them out to thaw.
- Prepare pesto: In a food processor or Bullet, combine pesto ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Spiralize zucchini and set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, pour in shrimp with marinade. Cook until pink, about 2 minutes per side. Add peas and zucchini to skillet and continue to cook until warmed through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in pesto. Divide into bowls and top with parmesan, if desired. Serve immediately.
Love this recipe? PIN it!