Healthy and delicious vegan Coconut Tahini Granola with big, crunchy clusters and a slightly sweet flavor is perfect for topping yogurt or snacking on by the handful! (vegan, gluten-free)
I think I’ve come up with THE BEST granola recipe yet. It’s filled with deliciously nutty coconut and tahini flavors are just sweet enough and are perfectly baked into big chunky clusters. Basically the perfect granola recipe.
If you’re a fan of tahini, you have to try this recipe. Or if you just have a jar of tahini sitting in your pantry that you bought to make hummus once and have no idea what to do with the rest, this coconut tahini granola is your answer.
Coconut tahini granola is sweetened with just a touch of maple syrup and has only 1 tbsp of oil, so you can feel good about enjoying it without all the sugar and oil in store-bought granola. It’s delicious mixed with your favorite dried fruit (I love dried blueberries) and sprinkled over some creamy Greek yogurt with even more fresh fruit! That is, of course, if you can resist sneaking a handful every time you walk by it. It won’t last long on your counter!
The key to those huge, glorious clusters is all in how you bake your granola. You’ve got to spread it in a single layer, but one with no holes. You shouldn’t be able to see the parchment through the granola. Then bake WITHOUT stirring. Once you take the granola out and let it cool, you can break it up into delicious, crunchy, extra chunky pieces (the way I love my granola) or break it up as small as you’d like.
Have you ever tried making granola before? What’s your favorite flavor?
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating in the comments!Print
Vegan Coconut Tahini Granola
Healthy and delicious vegan Coconut Tahini Granola with big crunchy clusters and a slightly sweet flavor is perfect for topping yogurt or snacking on by the handful! (vegan, gluten-free)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: about 2.5 cups 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Heat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, stir together oats, coconut and salt. Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour ingredients onto your prepared baking sheet and spread in a single layer, but not too thinly. You want to have no spots of parchment showing through so that you get chunky clusters.
- Bake granola 10-15 minutes, or until the edges are just golden. Remove from the oven and let cool WITHOUT stirring for at least 10 minutes before breaking up into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.
Keywords: tahini coconut granola, coconut granola