Creamy cheesecake ‘bomb pops’ with strawberries, blueberries and Greek yogurt are the perfect cool and healthy treat for the 4th of July!
Did you ever eat those Bomb Pop popsicles as a kid? My mom used to buy them for us as kids for the Fourth of July weekend, and if we were lucky some days in the summer, the ice cream truck would come around while we were playing outside. (Side note: we just moved into a new house in a new neighborhood and the ice cream man is constantly driving by- in an empty neighborhood! So weird!)
I always loved the red, white and blue pops. They were so refreshing on hot days, and so patriotic, too! But thinking about eating one now? No way, José. Those things are sugar city, and they don’t even taste like fruit!
I decided to make some of my own bomb pops for a festive treat this Independence Day. And since my favorite dessert is cheesecake (if you didn’t know that, now you do. I only accept homemade but I will happily trade you fresh sourdough bread!), why not make Berry Cheesecake Bomb Pops?! Genius if I do say so myself.
These Berry Cheesecake Bomb Pops are even made healthy with creamy Greek yogurt filling (and a hint of low-fat cream cheese) and real berries with just a touch of sugar. You can sub honey or stevia if you want, but there’s so little in there that it doesn’t make a huge difference. And of course, you can’t have a cheesecake popsicle without graham cracker crumbs! But a little goes a long way with these, so I only crumbled one sheet into the filling.
Be sure to use larger chunks or graham cracker so you can taste them when they freeze and you don’t end up with a sandy colored popsicle because your crumbs are so tiny! If you want, you could even use raspberries and blackberries. Make it your own!
I hope you all have a safe a happy 4th of July! It’s my favorite holiday and these Berry Cheesecake Bomb Pops are such a fun way to celebrate! What’s your favorite 4th of July treat?
Creamy Cheesecake popsicles with strawberries and blueberries are the perfect cool healthy treat for the 4th of July!
- 1/2 cup blueberries, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup strawberries, chopped
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar, divided
- Juice of 2 large lemons, divided
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 graham cracker sheet (2 squares), crumbled into large pieces
- Place strawberries and blueberries in 2 separate small bowls. Divide the juice of one lemon between the berries. Sprinkle 1 tsp of sugar in each of the bowls and stir. Let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt, cream cheese, milk, remaining lemon juice and remaining sugar in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Gently stir in graham cracker pieces.
- Pour strawberries into the bottom of popsicle molds. Add cheesecake mixture, leaving room at the top for blueberries. Lightly tap molds on the counter to push the filling down into the strawberries. Add blueberries last.
- Add sticks to popsicles and freeze at least 4 hours.
Love this recipe? PIN it!