Healthy 6-Ingredient Quinoa Granola is a healthier version of granola with crunchy clusters that's delicious for a snack or on top of yogurt for breakfast.
Here is another whole grain recipe for all of you looking to get more whole grains in your diet. (Don't forget September is National Whole Grains Month!) This one contains both oats and quinoa, for double the whole grain power. The quinoa adds a surprising, fun texture and a little extra protein. It's so simple to make with only 6 ingredients!
I wanted to come up with a base recipe for granola since so many recipes tend to get complicated with tons of ingredients. This quinoa granola is what I came up with. It's super simple, doesn't have any added oil, and only involves mixing and baking! That's it! And you can use it as a base to create whatever kind of granola you would like. If you like different nuts or dried fruit, or other spices and extracts, feel free to add them in. Whatever you feel like putting in, go ahead! (Just make sure to add dried fruit at the end so that it doesn't get rock-hard in the oven.)
I like to use this granola to top my Greek yogurt and add in a few berries. It's the perfect nutritious snack with filling protein, healthy whole grains and fruit. It's so quick to throw together! It's nice having a batch mixed up, especially so you don't have to buy expensive store-bought versions that can have lots of added sugar and fat. Try this one for fall, I'm sure it will become a staple snack in your home!
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a star rating in the comments below!Print
6-Ingredient Quinoa Granola
Healthy 6-Ingredient Quinoa Granola is a healthier version of granola with crunchy clusters that's delicious for a snack or on top of yogurt for breakfast!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 3 ½ cups 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (red and white)
- ½ cup almonds or other nuts, chopped
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- ½ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment or spray with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, add quinoa and heat, covered, over low heat, for 5-10 minutes. Shake every few minutes so quinoa puffs (you won't see it, but you;ll hear little pops.)
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, quinoa, almonds, and cinnamon. Add honey and vanilla and stir until coated. It's better to leave some clumps.
- Pour mixture onto baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until golden, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Let granola cool before serving. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
- Feel free to add any other spices, nuts, seeds or extracts you prefer. I like the simplicity of this recipe but add things as you wish!
- If you like dried fruit, add it in after baking.
Keywords: quinoa granola recipe, homemade granola with quinoa, simple granola recipe