Apple Pie Brown Butter Blondies contain all of the delicious flavors of apple pie baked into decadent brown butter blondies – all without rolling out pie crusts! Make this decadent fall dessert today!
Summer is rolling around fast, and that means we get to celebrate some of our favorite patriotic holidays! Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Backyard Barbecues – none of them is complete without the most American dessert there is – apple pie! (Plus my dad’s birthday is in June, and apple crumb pie is his favorite.)
So basically, you need a killer apple pie recipe to celebrate all of the summer fun coming up. But I know you don’t want to spend your summer rolling out pie crusts and sweating it out in front of the oven (okay, unless you’re me, because I actually do enjoy that sort of thing). But if you’re not me, I have a solution for you: Apple Pie Brown Butter Blondies.
These delicious blondies have all the delicious flavors of apple pie that you love: fresh apples, cinnamon, and even a crumb topping, but without all the work of actually making an apple pie. And with a decadent base of brown butter blondies, I guarantee nobody will miss that pie crust that you didn’t slave over!
Of course in true Lively Table fashion, I still used whole wheat flour. Because I like a little extra fiber in a treat that tastes this good but feels so bad! (Oh wait. There are apples. There’s fruit! Also, spoiler alert: there is no such thing as “good” and “bad” foods.)
But whole wheat flour or not, it’s your patriotic duty to eat some apple pie this summer, so go ahead and indulge in one of these delicious Apple Pie Brown Butter Blondies, and I promise you won’t regret a thing.
All of the delicious flavors of apple pie baked into decadent brown butter blondies without rolling out pie crusts!
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, divided
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (or all purpose flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1-2 small apples (any flavor)
- Remaining 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8x8" square baking dish or line the bottom with parchment.
- In a large skillet, heat 7 tbsp of the butter over medium heat until it is bubbly and starts to turn a caramel brown color. Reserve remaining 1 tbsp for crumb topping. Remove browned butter from heat and stir in sugars.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add egg, vanilla, and butter mixture. Stir until just combined. Press into prepared pan.
- Core apples and slice into 1/4" slices. Lay in a single layer on top of the blondie batter.
- To make the crumb topping, cut cold butter into about 4 cubes. Stir together sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Using a fork, 'cut' butter into flour mixture until small crumbs form. This may take a little bit so be patient!
- Sprinkle crumb topping over the top of the apples. Bake blondies in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before cutting.
Love this recipe? PIN it!