The best ever, classic buttery golden chocolate chunk blondies are a decadent and delicious sweet treat!
Blondies are my husband’s favorite treat. Although, really he likes almost anything sweet! But these chocolate chunk blondies are the most requested dessert in our house, so I thought I’d share them with you for the August Bake to Defeat ALS Challenge.
When I was growing up, my mom used to make the chocolate chip cookie recipe on the back of the Nestle Tollhouse bag and put it into a big pan. She called them “Tollhouse Squares” but I think they were essentially blondies. I don’t know why I never thought to make those for my husband when he asked for blondies, I guess maybe because the name was different so it never really registered in my head that they were basically the same!
I have tried many blondie recipes over the years that my husband and I have been together. This chocolate chunk blondie recipe is the one that my husband and I have decided is the best of all of the ones I’ve baked. No substitutions or tricky “healthy” swaps for this one. Just a good old classic recipe with a lot of butter, sugar, and rich, gooey chocolate! If you can’t resist the whole pan, you can always share with classmates, coworkers, neighbors, or friends and become their favorite person. Or not. You could just eat them all yourself. I won’t judge.
Definitely give these chocolate chunk blondies try. They are super quick and easy to make, and produce gorgeously golden, soft and chewy bars with decadent chocolate chunks that are satisfying and rich enough to leave you happy after just one small square. Because there’s nothing wrong with a little dessert every now and then! 🙂Print
Chocolate Chunk Blondies
Classic buttery golden chocolate chunk blondies are a decadent and delicious sweet treat! | via livelytable.com
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 bars 1x
- Category: dessert
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (or all purpose)
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks (I like dark chocolate chunks)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a square 8″ or 9″ baking dish with parchment or grease well.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Add flour and salt and mix well. Stir in chocolate.
- Spread batter into pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden and the middle no longer jiggles.
- Remove from oven and cool at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
Love this recipe? PIN it!