Honey Almond Quinoa Granola
This healthy honey almond quinoa granola made with puffed quinoa and oats is crunchy, lightly sweetened, and full of big clusters. With just 8 ingredients, it's simple to make and perfect for meal prep!
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: about 4 1/2 cups 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds or roughly chopped almonds
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tbsp neutral oil (such as avocado oil), or melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Pop the quinoa. Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Once hot, add the quinoa, working 1/2 cup at a time, and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the quinoa puffs. You won't see much of a difference, especially if you're using white quinoa, but you will hear the pops. Immediately remove the quinoa from the skillet and pour into a large bowl to prevent burning.
- Add the oats, almonds, cinnamon and salt to the bowl with the quinoa. Add honey, oil, vanilla and almond extract. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour mixture onto the baking sheet and press into a single even layer with little white space showing underneath.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes WITHOUT stirring, until granola is golden but not burned.
- Allow granola to cool completely without stirring. Once cooled, break into clusters.
- Store granola in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
- When popping the granola, be sure to get the skillet nice and hot before adding the quinoa. You want the quinoa to pop immediately to avoid burning. Working in batches also helps, so that more of the quinoa touches the hot surface directly.
- If you can find it, you can use pre-popped or puffed quinoa and skip the popping step.
- Feel free to add any other nuts, seeds, or spices.
Keywords: honey almond quinoa granola, granola with quinoa, puffed quinoa granola, quinoa granola with honey