Use up your harvest of summer basil with an easy, fresh basil vinaigrette. This dressing is delicious on salads, pasta, as a dip or a marinade! (vegan, gluten-free)
Every year that I've planted basil at our house in the past few years, I'm surprised to find that it takes off and I end up with a huge plant by the end of the summer. I have a brown thumb, and a handful of herbs are the only things I've successfully grown. If I can make it around to harvesting the basil before our first freeze, I end up with so much more basil than I know what to do with. So this basil vinaigrette is the perfect recipe for using that bounty of basil!
Why You'll Love This Basil Vinaigrette
This basil vinaigrette is the perfect use for a bounty of fresh basil. It's a bright, refreshing salad dressing with a punchy basil flavor that's balanced by white balsamic vinegar, garlic, shallot, and the slightest hint of honey. It's super easy to make and is delicious on any salad, but it goes way beyond salad, too.
How To Make Basil Vinaigrette
This dressing couldn't be easier to make. Simply throw all the ingredients into the blender or food processor (I love this KitchenAid mini chopper) and blend until smooth. That's it!
What To Eat Basil Vinaigrette With
This basil dressing goes great with:
- My Strawberry Peach Burrata Salad, Stone Fruit Panzanella Salad, Grilled Peach Caprese, Peach Avocado Caprese Salad, or Strawberry Avocado Salad with Chicken
- Grilled vegetables
- Your favorite grilled protein, such as salmon, shrimp, or pork chops
- In place of pesto in pasta or on sandwiches
More Basil Recipes You'll Love
- Grilled Eggplant Caprese Salad
- Easy Tomato Basil White Bean Salad
- Mediterranean Chicken Tomato Farro Bake
- Easy Orange Basil Chicken
- Corn, Peach and Tomato Basil Salad
- Grilled Peach Caprese
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating in the comments!Print
Summer Basil Vinaigrette
Use up your harvest of summer basil with an easy, fresh basil vinaigrette. It's delicious on salads, pasta, as a dip or a marinade! (vegan, gluten-free)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: about ½ cup 1x
- Category: dressing
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup fresh basil, loosely packed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp honey
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
- If you don't have white balsamic vinegar, you can use white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar.
- Use good quality ingredients for the best results.
- If you like a little spice, try adding a pinch of red pepper flakes.
Keywords: basil vinaigrette, summer basil vinaigrette, dressing with fresh basil