Celebrate strawberry season with this nutritious, lower-sugar strawberry baked oatmeal made with simple ingredients and bursting with strawberries! It’s a delicious make-ahead breakfast for busy summer mornings. (gluten-free, nut-free)
This post is sponsored by siggi’s. As always, all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that keep Lively Table running!
Who else is excited for strawberry season?! I just love this time of year for all of the fresh produce. Sweet, juicy strawberries have always been a favorite a favorite of mine, and they tend to make an appearance in all of my food during the summer months.
You all know how much I love oatmeal, so I don’t stop eating it in the summer just because it’s hot out. And it is HOT here in Texas. We’re already in 105+ temperatures! So I’m a little more strategic with heating up the kitchen in the summer. That means instead of firing up the stove every morning, I like to prep my oatmeal ahead of time in the form of baked oatmeal.
With this delicious strawberry baked oatmeal, I can cook once and have nutritious breakfasts all week long. I just have to pop a square in the microwave in the mornings and I’m good to go! Or I can eat a piece cold straight from the refrigerator on days that it’s REALLY hot out. What could be easier?
One of the things I love about this strawberry baked oatmeal is that it’s made with just a few simple ingredients, including siggi’s strawberry yogurt. Not only is it so easy to throw together, it’s also lower in sugar, high in fiber, and has a good amount of protein. The combination makes for an easy meal that not only tastes great, but will keep you full and energized all morning. All of the strawberry flavor is just perfect for summer!
No matter hot or cold, I like to top a square of this oatmeal with a dollop of siggi’s strawberry yogurt for an extra creamy treat and a little extra protein. It’s a delicious seasonal breakfast that the whole family will enjoy, from your young kiddos to adults!
Celebrate strawberry season with this nutritious, lower-sugar strawberry baked oatmeal made with simple ingredients and bursting with strawberries! It's a delicious make-ahead breakfast for busy summer mornings. (gluten-free, nut-free)
- Oil spray
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 (5.3 oz) container siggi's 0% strawberry yogurt, plus more for topping
- 1 1/4 cups milk of choice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- Additional sliced strawberries, for topping
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray a square or round 8" baking dish with oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, flaxseed and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, milk, eggs and vanilla. Stir into oat mixture. Gently stir in chopped strawberries.
- Pour oatmeal into prepared baking dish. Top evenly with sliced strawberries.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and let cool before cutting into squares.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.
Love this recipe? PIN it!