This fresh snap pea salad with burrata, lemon vinaigrette and sourdough croutons will be your new go-to for a delicious spring salad! (vegetarian, nut-free)
I’ve decided to skip this month’s Fridge Foraging post, and instead bring you this snap pea salad, for a couple of reasons. One – I admittedly didn’t do a lot of fridge foraging last month. I mostly ate a lot of cereal and leftovers just how they were, so I don’t have a lot to share. Two – this snap pea salad is much more urgent! It’s so delicious and addictive that I had to get the recipe to you as fast as I could!
Snap peas are one of those veggies that I tend to forget about, but then when I eat them, I can’t stop and I wonder why I don’t ever buy them. But fresh, crunchy snap peas are only one reason this salad is so darn addicting.
Let me break it down for you. Besides snap peas, which we’ve already established are delicious, this beautiful spring salad has a lot more going for it:
- Sourdough croutons. Grilled sourdough croutons. ‘nuf said.
- A delightfully simple lemon vinaigrette. You might want to make extra to douse all of your future veggies.
- Mint. For an extra punch of freshness.
- Ultra creamy burrata. Is there anything burrata can’t fix? The answer is no.
And while all these yummy things are great on their own, when combined into one big, glorious salad, the results are exponentially delicious. Like, hide all the other forks and eat the whole bowl yourself kind of delicious.
This salad is the perfect spring or summer side for when it’s just a little too hot to cook all of your side dishes, and you want something easy yet stunning. Bring it to cookouts, make it on a weeknight, or like I said, you could just save all that goodness for yourself when you’re craving something fresh with a little extra something special.
Snap Pea Salad with Burrata and Lemon Vinaigrette
This fresh snap pea salad with burrata, lemon vinaigrette, and sourdough croutons will be your new go-to for a delicious spring salad! (vegetarian, nut-free)
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: salad, side dish
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 tbsp shallot, minced (about 1/4 small shallot)
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly cracked black pepper
For the Salad:
- Olive oil
- 2 slices sourdough
- 2 cups snap peas
- 2/3 cup radish, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 2 oz burrata
- Make the dressing: Place all dressing ingredients in a small jar. Close the lid and shake well to combine.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Lightly oil the sourdough bread and grill on both sides until golden and crispy, yet still soft on the inside. Let the bread cool enough to handle, then cut into croutons. Alternately, you can toast the bread in the oven at 400°F for 5-10 minutes per side.
- Roughly chop the snap peas and place in a large bowl. Add sliced radish, green onions and mint. Add the dressing, starting with about half and adding more to taste. Toss to coat.
- Place pea mixture on a serving dish. Sprinkle evenly with pieces of burrata and croutons.
Keywords: snap peas, burrata
Love this recipe? PIN it!