This healthy shaved brussels sprout salad with parmesan, almonds, avocado and a citrus shallot vinaigrette is the perfect hearty winter salad to go with all of your meals! (gluten-free, vegetarian)
Where are all of my brussels sprouts fans? This salad is for you! Even if you're not obsessed with brussels sprouts like I am, you're going to love this salad.
Why You'll Love This Salad
If you're tired of regular old salads, you'll love this chopped salad bursting with so many different textures and flavors! With crisp shaved brussels sprouts, crunchy almonds, salty parmesan, and smooth, creamy avocado, it's anything but boring. A delicious citrus shallot dressing that's super easy to make adds a ton of flavor. With so few ingredients, it's a very simple salad that is healthy, filling, and make-ahead friendly.
- Brussels Sprouts. Used bagged pre-shaved brussels sprouts to save time if needed.
- Almonds. You can use raw or roasted almonds. They're both delicious!
- Parmesan. Use a high quality block of parmesan. You can also use aged white cheddar or another white cheese, such as BellaVitano.
- Citrus Shallot Vinaigrette. This homemade dressing is easy and flavorful!
How To Make Brussels Sprouts Chopped Salad
- Make the dressing by blending everything in a food processor or blender.
- Trim the woody ends form the brussels sprouts and use a sharp knife to shave the sprouts from top to bottom. You can also use a mandoline or food processor with a grating blade. Add them to a large bowl.
- Roughly chop the almonds, chop the avocado, and grate the parmesan. Add to the bowl with the brussels sprouts.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat everything.
How To Store Leftovers
The great thing about this delicious salad is that it makes great leftovers. (It's a big salad!) The brussels sprouts hold up so well to the dressing without getting soggy over time. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I recommend keeping a little extra dressing handy since the brussels sprouts tend to absorb the dressing as it sits in the fridge.
Love brussels sprouts? Try these other Brussels Sprouts Recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating in the comments!Print
Healthy Brussels Sprouts Chopped Salad with Citrus Shallot Vinaigrette
This healthy brussels sprouts chopped salad with parmesan, almonds, avocado and a citrus shallot vinaigrette is the perfect fall and winter salad to go with all of your favorite meals! (gluten-free, vegetarian)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: salad
- Method: chopped
- Cuisine: American
- 6 cups (10 oz) shaved brussels sprouts
- ⅓ cup almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ cup good quality parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 small avocado, cubed
- Juice from 1 orange (about ⅓ cup)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot (about 2 tbsp chopped)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- Trim woody ends from brussels sprouts. Shave brussels sprouts using a mandolin, food processor, or sharp knife. Place in a large bowl with almonds, cheese, and avocado.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the dressing ingredients until smooth. You may also whisk them together in a small bowl, just be sure to finely chop the shallot and parsley.
- Pour dressing, starting with about half, over brussels sprouts and gently toss to coat. Add more dressing as needed.
- Serve, or place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- You can use bagged shaved brussels sprouts to save time.
- This salad will store well in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Keywords: brussels sprouts chopped salad, shaved brussels sprouts salad
Leave a Reply