Simple Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Simple roasted sweet potatoes are a super easy, healthy and delicious side dish that goes with any meal! (vegan, gluten-free, nut-free)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: about 4 servings 1x
- Category: side dish
- Method: roasted
- Cuisine: American
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Coarse sea salt (to taste)
- Freshly cracked black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Wash sweet potatoes and dice into even cubes (about 1/2 inch to 1 inch). I like to leave the peel on, but you can peel your potatoes if you'd like.
- In a large bowl, toss sweet potato cubes with oil and spices until coated evenly. Spread onto lined baking sheet, spaced evenly so that they are not touching.
- Roast potatoes for 35-45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so, until done. They should be soft inside but crispy outside.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- Cut sweet potatoes into uniform-sized cubes so that they cook evenly.
- Sweet potatoes can be hard to cut. Make sure you're using a large, sturdy cutting board and a sharp chef's knife. (I love my Wusthof chef's knife and use it every day!)
- Make sure the sweet potatoes aren't too crowded on the baking sheet, or they'll steam rather than roast, and they won't get those crispy outsides. Spread the cubes in an even layer without them touching each other.
- Stir or flip the sweet potatoes roughly every 10 minutes while cooking to ensure all of the sides get crispy.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use within 4-5 days.
Keywords: simple roasted sweet potatoes, how to make roasted sweet potatoes, cubed sweet potatoes