Creamy, healthy pumpkin spice overnight oats are the best make-ahead fall breakfast for busy mornings. Enjoy hot or cold for a delicious seasonal treat! (gluten-free, vegetarian)
I promised y’all a pumpkin recipe, and here it is! It may be the only one I post this year, so it better be good.
IT’S REALLY GOOD!
These pumpkin spice overnight oats are made with real pumpkin, high-protein Greek yogurt, and warming fall spices. They are so delicious, naturally sweetened with maple syrup, and loaded with nutrition to start your day off on the right foot!
I’m pretty much obsessed with oatmeal in the mornings (okay, sometimes I eat it for dinner, too), so cozy pumpkin oatmeal with maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice seemed so perfect for this time of year.
These healthy pumpkin spice overnight oats are easy to make the night before a busy morning. They are ready when you wake up so that you can eat a nutritious breakfast even if you are rushing out the door! And they taste just like fall in a cup!
I like to heat my pumpkin spice overnight oats in the microwave for about 60 seconds before eating them in the morning, then top them with some of my homemade pumpkin granola. It warms me up on cold fall mornings and keeps me going for hours. But they are just as satisfying straight from the jar on your morning commute – no judgement here, we all do it!
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats
Creamy, high-protein healthy pumpkin spice overnight oats are the best make-ahead fall breakfast for busy mornings. Enjoy hot or cold for a delicious seasonal treat! (gluten-free, vegetarian)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 6 hours
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: breakfast
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- In a large container with a lid, whisk together yogurt, pumpkin puree, milk, maple syrup and spices.
- Stir in oats and flaxseed. Cover container, or pour into 2 individual containers if you will be taking to-go in the morning.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Enjoy cold or warm by microwaving in a microwave-safe bowl for 60-90 seconds.