Spread the pumpkin spice love this season with this 5-ingredient, easy homemade pumpkin pie spice recipe! Use it in all of your favorite pumpkin treats for fall! (vegan, gluten-free)
With all of the delicious pumpkin recipes on my site (and more to come this year!), I figured it was time to share an essential piece - a homemade pumpkin pie spice recipe.
Why Make Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice?
The main reason? It's much more cost effective if you already have a well-stocked spice cabinet. Or you may not have any, and you NEED it for that pumpkin bread recipe RIGHT NOW. Or you may just want to adjust the individual spices to suit your taste. Whatever the reason, this is your recipe!
Which Spices Are In Pumpkin Pie Spice?
Note: Allspice is an actual spice made from ground allspice berries. It's not a spice blend, like some people think.
How To Make Pumpkin Pie Spice
Grab all of your spices. Using a funnel if necessary, add the spices to a glass jar or bottle. Close the lid and shake well to combine. Proceed to sprinkle on everything from now until Christmas!
Pro Tips For Making Homemade Spice Blends
- Save your empty spice bottles! They're great for holding homemade blends like this one. I especially like glass spice jars because they're definitely dishwasher safe and last forever.
- If there are any of these spices that you don't use often, you can buy just a little bit from the bulk spice section of most grocery stores, that way you're not buying a large container of a spice that's just going to sit in your cabinet and get old.
- If you don't have a funnel, you can make a make-shift one. Just roll up a clean sheet of paper to form a cone shape with a small hole in the end that you will place in the opening of the bottle.
Now that you're ready to make your own homemade pumpkin pie spice, you can sprinkle some fall love everywhere! Try it in one of these Healthy Pumpkin Recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating in the comments!Print
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
Spread the pumpkin spice love this season with this 5-ingredient easy pumpkin pie spice recipe! Use it in all of your favorite pumpkin treats for fall! (vegan, gluten-free)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: about ⅓ cup 1x
- Category: spices
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
- 3 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- Combine all spices in a sealable jar. Close and shake well.
- Sprinkle on everything for a little pumpkin cheer!
Keywords: homemade pumpkin spice, pumkin spice recipe, homemade pumpkin pie spice