A decadent, edible, and healthy brownie batter dip made with a secret ingredient. It’s so smooth and indulgent that nobody will know it’s healthy! (gluten-free, vegetarian)
Y’all are either going to love me or hate me after this post.
You’re going to love me because this healthy brownie batter dip is the most amazing, chocolatey dip you’ve ever tried. You may hate me because you’ll want to eat it all. And then make more and eat all of that.
It could be worse. This brownie batter dip is secretly healthy thanks to healthy ingredients like dates, cottage cheese, cocoa, and black beans.
SAY WHAT? Yes, I said black beans. They’re right there in your dessert. No, it’s not a strange sweet-savory type of trick either. The black beans make a fiber-packed base for this delicious dip. They get blended up and covered in chocolatey goodness and become so smooth that nobody will ever know that there are actually good ol’ healthy beans in your brownie batter dip. Not even you, and you’re the one making it!
Dates, cottage cheese, and just a little bit of dark chocolate chips make this healthy brownie batter dip a nutritious but oh so decadent treat to share with your bestie or SO this Valentine’s Day. It’s not too sweet, but filled with luxurious chocolate flavor.
I love to dip strawberries in my brownie batter dip, but you can dip whatever you’d like. Pretzels would make a fabulous salty-sweet dessert! Whip up a batch and take it to your Valentine’s Day celebration, and I promise you’ll be the most popular one there.
Or not. You can always keep it all for yourself… I won’t tell. 😉
A decadent, edible, and healthy brownie batter dip made with a secret ingredient. It's so smooth and indulgent that nobody will know it's healthy! (gluten-free, vegetarian)
- 1 cup low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3-4 dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (I like Dutch processed)
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp low fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- In a high-powered blender such as a Vitamix, blender together all ingredients until smooth. You may need to add more milk until you reach your desired consistency.
- Scoop into a bowl and serve with sliced fruit, graham crackers, or pretzels. Devour.
- Extra dip can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Love this recipe? PIN it!