Triple Chocolate Cookies are loaded with three kinds of chocolate! They’re a rich and decadent sweet treat for your favorite Valentine!
Warning: This is not a health food. This is a Valentine’s Day food. And that means it’s full of chocolately goodness. Triple Chocolate Cookies, to be exact. No problems with that? Ok, good, lets continue.
I don’t even remember how these cookies came into my life, but I’m sure glad they did. I made them for my husband one day, and he affectionately named them “Brownie Babies.” (I think we had been talking about Beanie Babies a few nights before for some reason…) But to me, they are more like “Super Indulgent Triple Chocolate Awesome Bombs!” Brownie Babies just doesn’t really do them justice, but it’s a little easier to say (and type) so I think that’s what they will be called.
These cookies really are awesome. They have three types of chocolate (three!) and not a lot of flour, so they are just so dense and decadent. I warned you. Not a healthy cookie. But oh-so good, and so worth it! They are pretty small, so you won’t go overboard with just one. One is actually the perfect amount. They are so rich and chocolatey that you really don’t need more than a couple of bites for the best cookie experience of your life.
But do yourself a favor and eat one of these amazing triple chocolate cookies while they are still warm from the oven, or heat one in the microwave for a few seconds… you will thank me. And so will your Valentine. Because you need to make these for someone you love. Your husband, your best friend, your roommate, your dog… No wait. NOT your dog! Your dog will get sick (because, you know, 3 kinds of chocolate). But anyone else you make these for will instantly fall in love with you all over again. Because that’s really what Valentine’s Day is about right? Sharing it with somebody you love.
That, and chocolate.
Triple Chocolate Cookies are loaded with three kinds of chocolate! They're a rich and decadent sweet treat for your favorite Valentine!
- 6 oz unsweetened bakers chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 6 tbsp butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour or all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt bakers chocolate, dark chocolate chips, and butter by heating in 30-second intervals, stirring in between until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together sugar and eggs until fluffy.
- In a small bowl, mix coffee and vanilla until coffee is dissolved. Add to egg and sugar mixture. Add melted chocolate mixture, flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover dough and refrigerate until cooled, about 30 minutes. Once dough is chilled, preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment. Scoop dough into balls using a small cookie scoop (about 2 tsp) and place about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet. Bake 9 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and let cool slightly before moving to wire cooling rack. Enjoy!
Love this recipe? PIN it!