Grilled Shrimp and Mango Melon Salad
This fresh herb grilled shrimp with mango melon salad is a light and easy dinner that you’ll want to enjoy for the rest of the summer! (gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 26 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: main dish
- Method: grilled
- Cuisine: seafood
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp shallot, minced
- 3 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint
- Juice from 1 lime (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch freshly cracked pepper
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup mango, cubed
- 1 cup jicama, cubed
- 1 1/4 cup cantaloupe, cubed
- 1 1/4 cup watermelon, cubed
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, shallot, cilantro, mint, lime juice, red wine vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
- Place peeled and deveined shrimp in a bowl. Pour half of the herb vinaigrette over the shrimp and toss to coat. Let shrimp marinate while you make the melon salad.
- Add mango, jicama, and melon to a large bowl. Pour remaining herb vinaigrette over mixture and gently stir to coat. Place in the refrigerator while you cook the shrimp.
- Slide shrimp onto skewers. (If using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for about an hour before using).
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Cook shrimp until pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
- Serve shrimp with melon salad.
You can also use honeydew melon along with or in place of cantaloupe.
Keywords: grilled shrimp and mango melon salad, mango melon salad