Garlic Chicken White Pizza (or Pizza Blanca) made on and easy wheat crust with 3 kinds of cheese is a delicious recipe to add to your pizza night. Featuring a simple homemade crust and tons of flavor, this pizza comes together quick enough to make on a weeknight!
This post is sponsored by Silpat. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Lively Table running!
Pizza is one of those foods that a lot of people are scared of, for more than one reason. The most obvious in my world of nutrition is that people are scared to eat pizza because it’s “bad.” (Remember no foods are “good” or “bad,” it’s just food.) It’s a very common fear food for those struggling with their relationship with food. A load of delicious cheese on a base of bread? I see it as a dinner treat, but others may see it as a giant pit of anxiety.
The second reason people fear pizza? They are intimidated when it comes to making it. Using yeast, kneading, and rolling dough, gathering all of those toppings… it all seems like a lot of work. But really, it’s not all that hard, and it’s totally worth it for a homemade pizza that doesn’t come from a freezer or a teenage delivery guy.
This garlic white chicken pizza is a great place to start when attempting to make a pizza for the first time. I have found that making the food yourself from scratch is a great way to get over those fear foods. Once you see that you can make it in your own kitchen with real food ingredients, pizza (and any other food) becomes less intimidating in terms of food anxiety and cooking anxiety. Once you learn how to make pizza yourself, it becomes a vehicle for all kinds of nutritious toppings, from homemade tomato sauce to fiber-filled vegetables!
This garlic chicken white pizza is made on an easy wheat crust that doesn’t require any rising or waiting, so it’s perfect for weeknight pizza nights. It can be made into two thin-crust pizzas or one thicker crust. Topped with ricotta cheese, parmesan, mozzarella, chicken, and fresh garlic before baking, this pizza isn’t too intimidating, and it tastes amazing!
My Silpat Perfect Pizza mat makes the process of making pizza even easier. It’s a 12″ silicone and fiberglass mesh mat that turns your pizza stone or baking sheet into a non-stick surface, perfect for pizza dough! You can use it in any recipe that calls for parchment paper, and since it’s reusable, it’s much more eco-friendly than parchment. It’s also freezer, microwave, and oven-safe up to 500°F, which means it’s great for the high heat called for in pizza recipes to get that crisp bottom on your crust. You can roll your dough out right onto the mat and then place it on a hot pizza stone or baking sheet for easy transfer to your oven and a beautifully textured crust.
I like to top this delicious garlic chicken white pizza with some fresh basil and a drizzle of olive oil right before baking. After the pizza has baked for 10 minutes, simply slip the mat out from under the pizza and let it finish baking directly on the stone or baking sheet to yield a delicious crispy crust and a melty, flavorful topping!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating in the comments!Print
Garlic Chicken White Pizza (Pizza Blanca)
Garlic Chicken White Pizza (or Pizza Blanca) made on and easy wheat crust with 3 cheeses is a delicious recipe to add to your pizza night. Featuring a simple homemade crust and tons of flavor, this pizza comes together quick enough to make on a weeknight!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 1x
- Category: main dish
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: Italian
For the dough:
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 oz) quick rising yeast (or 2 1/4 tsp)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2–2/3 cup warm water (about 120°F)
- 2 tsp olive oil
For one pizza:
- 1/3 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 5 cloves garlic, 2 minced and 3 thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup good quality parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- To make the dough, combine flours, yeast, flaxseed, salt and sugar in a large bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer. Combine water and oil in a glass measuring cup and slowly add to dry mixture while mixing with the dough hook (or a spoon if mixing by hand), until a sticky ball forms. If mixture is too wet, add more flour by the tablespoon. Knead one minute to form a smooth dough.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and cover. Rest 10-20 minutes. Alternately, wrap the ball of dough in plastic and let it rest in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it. Dough will keep in the fridge, covered, for up to 2 days.
- Heat oven to 500°F. Place a pizza stone in the cold oven to heat if you have one.
- Roll crust into a 12″ circle on a Silpat Perfect Pizza mat. This dough recipe will make one thick crust pizza or two thin crust pizzas.
- Stir together ricotta and minced garlic. Spread over crust. Sprinkle half of the parmesan and mozzarella over ricotta. Evenly spread chicken and sliced garlic over the top, then sprinkle evenly with remaining parmesan and mozzarella. Top with basil leaves.
- Carefully remove pizza stone from the oven and place Silpat Perfect Pizza Mat with pizza on top of the stone. Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully slide mat out from under the pizza, then return to the oven for an additional 7-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and cut into slices. Enjoy!
Dough recipe adapted from Eating Well
Keywords: Garlic Chicken White Pizza, Pizza Blanca