Easy Chipotle Shrimp Tacos
These easy chipotle shrimp tacos with a quick cilantro jalapeño sauce are flavorful, healthy and come together in just 15 minutes! They're perfect for weeknight dinners! (gluten-free)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 tacos 1x
- Category: main dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Tex-mex
- 1 lb raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- Juice from 1/2 lime
For the cilantro jalapeño sauce:
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 6 corn tortillas, warmed
- Shredded purple cabbage
- Crumbled cotija cheese
- Lime wedges
- Guacamole or diced avocado
- Place shrimp in a medium, nonreactive bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine chipotle, garlic powder, and cumin. Sprinkle over shrimp. Add oil and lime juice and stir well until shrimp are evenly coated. Set aside while you prepare the cilantro jalapeño sauce.
- In a food processor or blender, combine jalapeño, cilantro, yogurt, and lime juice. Process until smooth and pour into a small bowl for serving.
- Prepare remaining taco toppings.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook about 3 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Serve with warm corn tortillas and top as desired. Enjoy!
- If you don't have chipotle powder or want a less spicy version, use chili powder instead.
- Use shrimp that has already been peeled and deveined for the quickest prep.
- To thaw shrimp quickly, place it in a bowl in the sink and run cool water over it until no longer frozen.
- Don't over-cook the shrimp or else they will become rubbery. As soon as the shrimp turn a pinkish color, 4-6 minutes of cooking time, remove them from the heat. When shrimp are cooked through they'll turn from the gray color to a nice pinkish peach color. They will also appear more opaque instead of translucent.
- The shrimp tastes best right after it's been cooked, but it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Shrimp tends to dry out once reheated, so I recommend either eating it cold on the tacos or enjoying it on something else like a salad.
Keywords: chipotle shrimp tacos, easy chipotle shrimp tacos, healthy shrimp tacos recipe