Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Bread is a quick and delicious way to use fresh cranberries. It’s a great healthy snack or breakfast!
Hope y’all have had enough time to recover from your sugar and carb hangover from the holidays because today I’m sharing a super delicious and healthy Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Bread! What’s that? You haven’t had time to recover? Well then, I suggest you eat a couple salads (like this one or this one) while the bread is baking, because it is too tasty not to make!
I decided on this Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Bread to use up all of the extra cranberries lying around from holiday cranberry sauce and my yummy Spiced Cranberry Mules. Those bags of fresh cranberries seem everlasting, don’t they? I didn’t want to make cookies, because we already had a house full of them, and you can only make the same cranberry and blueberry yogurt for so many days. But since I’m making an effort to waste less food, I needed to use those bad boys up. Cranberry and orange are a classic combination, so it seemed perfect.
This bread is a perfect morning snack or breakfast. It’s not too sweet, and it has lots of filling fiber from oats. Plus it is studded with beautiful tart cranberries! It’s just delicious with a bit of honey drizzled over the top.
You could also use dried cranberries, but the fresh ones are so gorgeous! If you do use dried, make sure you soak them in some boiling water for a few minutes first to plump them up. And if you have cuties lying around, you can use those in place of a regular orange!
While this recipe is not vegan, you could try experimenting with more flax and liquid instead of the eggs. You could also try substituting your favorite gluten free flour for the wheat flour, but I haven’t done either. (If you try it, let me know!)
Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Bread is a quick and delicious way to use fresh cranberries. It's a great healthy snack or breakfast!
- 1 cup oats, ground
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cranberries
- Zest from 1 orange
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly oil a bread loaf or line with parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine ground oats, flour, flax, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, oil, almond milk, honey, and orange juice and beat until blended.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Gently stir in cranberries, orange zest, and walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool bread before slicing. Serve with a bit of honey, if you want!
Love this recipe? PIN it!