This whole wheat lemon berry yogurt quick bread is full of fruit flavor and wholesome ingredients. It’s a delicious snack, breakfast or dessert! (nut-free)
This post is part of the Yoplait® More Fruit campaign sponsored by the Healthy Aperture Blogger Network. As always, all opinions are my own.
I’m so glad it is finally citrus season! It has me wanting to bake all things citrus, like this delicious lemon berry yogurt quick bread!
I love a good quick bread. They are so versatile and easy to make, and they are great to eat for breakfast, a snack or dessert. Multipurpose foods = less food waste for me.
This delicious lemon berry quick bread is made with whole wheat flour for more fiber, naturally sweetened with honey, and mixed with Yoplait® Mixed Berry Yogurt for extra moisture, flavor, and fruit. Yes, your favorite Yoplait® Mixed Berry Yogurt now has more fruit! That means more yummy berry flavor in this quick bread, along with calcium and vitamin D.
Not only is this lemon berry yogurt quick bread full of nutritious ingredients, but it’s also absolutely delicious. It’s moist and tender, yet hearty and slightly nutty with big, beautiful berries and a tangy lemon flavor that’s just sweet enough. The tart lemon glaze makes it extra special, but it tastes just as good without the glaze.
Bake a loaf of this beautiful lemon berry yogurt quick bread on the weekend for a week’s worth of breakfast and snacks for your family, or make it for a special occasion, such as Easter brunch. It’s sure to be a crowd pleaser no matter what!
This whole wheat lemon berry yogurt quick bread is full of fruit flavor and wholesome ingredients. It's a delicious snack, breakfast or dessert! (nut-free)
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- Juice from 1 small lemon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 (6-oz) container Yoplait® Mixed Berry Yogurt
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Heat oven to 325°F. Spray a 9x5" loaf pan with oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Stir in lemon zest and berries. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk together lemon juice, honey, egg, buttermilk and yogurt. Add to well in the dry ingredients and gently stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool bread 10 minutes in the pan before removing to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, mix confectioners sugar and lemon juice until smooth and drizzle over bread
Love this recipe? PIN it!