This warm, lemony brussels sprout salad with parmesan, capers, and pine nuts is a bright, delicious side dish that is perfect for spring or Easter! (vegetarian, gluten-free)
If you haven’t picked up on my love for brussels sprouts yet, you may be hiding under a rock. I can’t get enough, and neither can Mr. Table. I pick up a big bag of them at least once a week at the grocery store.
Besides being high in fiber, Vitamins K and C, and cancer-fighting antioxidants, brussels sprouts are so versatile. Yep, the vegetable you loathed as a kid can actually be really delicious and prepared so many ways!
While I adore crispy roasted brussels sprouts any time of year, I thought I’d switch these guys up with a brighter dish for spring. This warm shaved brussels sprout salad is the perfect vegetable side dish for all of your spring meals, and would make a great addition to your Easter or Mother’s day menu.
I love the combination of fresh lemon and parmesan, so I added both to this delicious brussels sprout salad. Toasted pine nuts add a nice nutty crunch, while just a touch of capers ties the dish together with a bit of savory brine. The whole salad comes together in less than 10 minutes, making it perfect for weeknight dinners with some grilled fish, chicken or other meat.
Have you given brussels sprouts another chance as an adult? Give this warm, lemony brussels sprout salad a try and you’ll be hooked!
This warm, lemony brussels sprout salad with parmesan, capers, and pine nuts is a bright, delicious side dish that is perfect for spring or Easter! (vegetarian, gluten-free) Via livelytable.com
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, shredded or thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium low heat. Add pine nuts and toast until fragrant. Set aside for later.
- Add olive oil and garlic to the pan and cook 1-2 minutes. Add shredded brussels sprouts and cook an additional 5-6 minutes or until bright green, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat and stir in remaining ingredients, including pine nuts. Serve immediately.
Love this recipe? PIN it!