Lemon Parmesan Shaved Brussels Sprouts
These warm lemon parmesan shaved brussels sprouts with garlic and pine nuts make a bright and flavorful side dish in just 15 minutes! (vegetarian, gluten-free)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: side dish
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, shredded or thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Trim woody stems from brussels sprouts and thinly slice.
- Heat a large skillet over medium low heat. Add pine nuts and toast until fragrant. Set aside.
- Add olive oil and garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add shredded brussels sprouts and cook an additional 5-6 minutes or until bright green, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat and stir in lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper and parmesan. Serve immediately.
- Don't discard the spare leaves that fall off when you are cutting the brussels sprouts. They're delicious!
- You can leave the pine nuts out if you don't have them, or substitute walnuts or almonds.
- You can substitute spicy brown mustard for the whole grain mustard.
- Be sure to use good quality parmesan and freshly shave it yourself (with a microplane zester if you have one).
Keywords: lemon parmesan brussels sprouts, lemon shaved brussels sprouts