For a fun and flavorful side dish, these Sesame Almond Brussels Sprouts could not be any easier! You’re only 5 minutes and 6 ingredients from a delicious veggie side. (gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan)
This post is sponsored by Ocean Mist Farms. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Lively Table running!
With a newborn in our house, dinner time is in for a major change! My mom stayed with us for a week after Baby Table was born, making our lives a thousand times easier while we adjusted to a new little life that we are responsible for. (Thank you, Mel – you’re a saint!) This will be our first week with a baby on our own. I already know that things are about to get a whole lot easier.
And by that, I mean the dinners I cook are going to have to be much easier, since I have a newborn to tend to now. Between feeding (which takes up most of my time these days), changing diapers, getting a little work done, and showering if I’m lucky, making real dinners is going to be a challenge. That’s why I’m super excited about Ocean Mist Farms Season & Steam veggies!
I’ll admit that I was skeptical when I got them. Microwaved veggies? Not my thing. Or at least that’s what I thought. But when done right – aka not microwaved to death in a bowl of water and topped with nothing but margarine and salt (a la ’90s) – Ocean Mist Farms Season & Steam veggies, especially the brussels sprouts, are not only delicious, but a total life saver.
These sesame almond brussels sprouts are probably the easiest side dish I’ve ever made. And they’re definitely going to be on repeat in my house. The most effort involved in the whole recipe is chopping a couple cloves of garlic. Which for the old (non-mom) me, used to be the easiest part of my recipes.
And these brussels are so delicious! As someone who used to think the only proper way to eat a brussels sprout was to roast it, I must say, these steamed sesame almond brussels sprouts are stinking amazing. I mean, they only take 5 minutes, and they are so flavorful! They aren’t one bit soggy – the biggest turn off when it comes to cruciferous veggies.
If you’re like me right now and need an easy but delicious side dish (that’s also healthy) for your table asap, you need these sesame almond brussels sprouts in your life. Make them once and you’ll see what I mean.
For a fun and flavorful side dish, these Sesame Almond Brussels Sprouts could not be any easier! You're only 5 minutes and 6 ingredients from a delicious veggie side. (gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (16 oz) bag Ocean Mist Farms Season & Steam Brussels Sprouts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spread almonds onto a baking sheet and toast for 3-5 minutes, watching carefully to make sure they do not burn.
- Open top of brussels sprouts bag. Add garlic, oil, soy sauce and red pepper flakes to bag. Zip top and shake to coat brussels sprouts.
- Place bag in the microwave and cook on high 3 1/2 to 5 minutes (depending on how firm you like them). Let stand at least 1 minute to cool.
- Pour sprouts into a serving bowl. Top with almonds and sesame seeds.
Love this recipe? PIN it!